Monday, January 13, 2014

Vicki Batman ~ #handbag Monday: Did you get a cool Christmas bag? I did!


#handbag Monday


Last fall, my son married. For the rehearsal dinner, my now daughter in law (whom I happily refer to as daughter!) asked if she could borrow a bag to carry. The one I thought of couldn't be found. Yikes! I went frantic. She came over and asked if she could look and of course, I said yes. She picked my green Kim White clutch. And it was perfect with her rose colored dress as the bag has a hint of pink in the trim.

Fast forward to shopping for her for Christmas...

I knew I had to get a special bag. Remembering her delight with the green Kim White, I went to the designer's site and began perusing. Image me dancing when I found this...

 
 
 
Isn't it delightful? I love the colors--a very desirable shade of orange, hints of pink and dark red-orange on an ivory background. This one can be used year round.
 
I know you might be thinking: Vicki, that doesn't hold very much. It does! Small wallet, small cosmetic bag, check book, small zip bag for business cards and tiny pens, mechanical pencil, Sniff tissue pak, various lip balms, red cinnamon discs, and my Q10. It tucks under the arm, and the perfect size to stick in a backpack. Made from a strong upholstery fabric.
 
Daughter loves hers, and yes, I have one too. LOL 
 
Find Kim White bags at: Kim White
 
Here's Kim White's HBW interview: Interview
 
 
Who got a great handbag for Christmas or Hannukah?
 
 
 
 
 
p.s. About to get back to work on the Paris bag! Good news coming.

6 comments:

Angela Adams said...

My sister gave me a handbag for Christmas.

Unknown said...

I love your bag, Vicki! Oranges and pinks always make me think of tropical living.

Melissa Keir said...

No handbag. My MIL got me socks. Now.. I did ask for socks, very specific socks. But she didn't get those for me. :(

I went to Kim's site. The car handbags were interesting!

Marianne Stephens said...

No bag for Christmas, but am now looking to replace what I have. Strap is starting to fray and I need a new one!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! does your bag want to be on #handbag Monday? Squee

Hi, Gemma! I love the colors too. It's amazing how many things it goes with. thanks for stopping.

Hi, Melissa! I asked for specific socks and got them. They are great and colorful. I know, the car bags are very interesting. I have one from Pinto fabric.... lol

Hi, Marianne! If the strap is fraying, time for a new one. And won't you have tons of fun finding it too. Thank you.

Sylvia said...

We didn't get each other very much for Christmas as we were going on our trip. But he did get me a massage coupon, which I can't wait to use.