Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 10/16 - Handbag & Book, Karilyn Bentley
- 10/12 - Last Year was Tough. This Year was Tougher
- 10/09 - Handbag & Book w Pam Thibodeaux
- 10/05 - Found object! And it's all Mine!
- 10/02 - Handbag & Book w VB
- 09/28 - Travel & Book, Izzy Szyn
- 09/25 - Handbag & Book - Amy T
- 09/21 - Travel & Book, Madison Michael
- 09/18 - Handbag & Book, Fran Thomas
- 09/14 - Last day, Jon
Friday, April 04, 2014
Vicki Batman ~ #Movie Maniac: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, cool #western flick
Western movies used to be the norm. This one, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (May, 1962) is brought to us by fab director, John Ford, features a stellar cast: highly principled lawyer, Jimmy Stewart; capable John Wayne; and the most vile bad guy Lee Marvin besides Hannibal Lecter and a few other to ever hit the screen (highly redeemed as the Oscar winning gunfighter in Cat Ballou).
The story is set in the wild west of Shinbone where the whole town is intimidated by Liberty Valance. The new guy, lawyer Ramsom Stoddard, wants that to be fixed through the justice system. But when his friend is beaten, he takes a different path. Years later, the truth is revealed.
John Ford has marvelous film shots, greatly developed characters (see the doctor's scene) and pulled together for an unforgettable story.