- 07/20 - Recipe & Book, Vinnie Hansen
- 07/17 - Handbag & Book, author
- 07/13 - Recipe & Book, Norma Huss
- 07/10 - Handbag & Book, Loretta Wheeler
- 07/06 - Travel & Book, Sharon Buchbinder
- 07/03 - Happy Fourth of July!
- 06/29 - Gardening and Book, Vicki
- 06/26 - Handbag and Book, VB
- 06/22 - Travel & Book, Iris Blobel
- 06/19 - Handbag & Book, J J Montgomery
- 06/15 - Vicki, To Donut or Not
- 06/12 - Handbag & Book, Joanne Guidoccio
Friday, April 04, 2014
Vicki Batman ~ #Movie Maniac: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, cool #western flick
Western movies used to be the norm. This one, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (May, 1962) is brought to us by fab director, John Ford, features a stellar cast: highly principled lawyer, Jimmy Stewart; capable John Wayne; and the most vile bad guy Lee Marvin besides Hannibal Lecter and a few other to ever hit the screen (highly redeemed as the Oscar winning gunfighter in Cat Ballou).
The story is set in the wild west of Shinbone where the whole town is intimidated by Liberty Valance. The new guy, lawyer Ramsom Stoddard, wants that to be fixed through the justice system. But when his friend is beaten, he takes a different path. Years later, the truth is revealed.
John Ford has marvelous film shots, greatly developed characters (see the doctor's scene) and pulled together for an unforgettable story.
Posted by Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction, blogger at Handbags, Books...Whatever at 11:40 AM