Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 11/02 - Handbag & Book, Barbara White Daille
- 10/30 - Handbag & Book, Vicki
- 10/26 - Handbag & Book, Joanne Guidoccio
- 10/23 - Tina Donahue
- 10/19- Last days of summer
- 10/16 - Handbag & Book, Karilyn Bentley
- 10/12 - Last Year was Tough. This Year was Tougher
- 10/09 - Handbag & Book w Pam Thibodeaux
- 10/05 - Found object! And it's all Mine!
- 10/02 - Handbag & Book w VB
Friday, April 25, 2014
.@VickiBatman - #Movie Maniac: Finding Vivian Maier
The movie theater had teased about this docu/drama for months. Many articles had appeared in newspapers. Everyone was astonished. The story was that intriguing. All was summed up in one question: Who was Vivian Maier?
Once upon a time, a young man bid on a trunk which held a woman's photography past. What he found astounded him--100,000 photos--and ultimately, many experts, even the families she worked for.
The woman, Vivian Maier, worked as a nanny and had a passion for photography. She took her charges and traipsed over the city, photographing kids, old, young, unusual. She had a great eye.
The young man, John Maloof, brought her work to galleries and in this unforgettable film which explores all facets about Vivian. I highly recommend this film.
For more information, go to: website