Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 12/25 - Merry Christmas!
- 12/21 - Handbag & Book, Reggi Alder
- 12/18 - Handbag & Book, Vicki Batman
- 12/14 - Handbag & Book, Kathryn Randle
- 12/11 - Handbag & Book, Kathleen Krevat
- 12/07 - Handbag & Book, Melissa Keir
- 12/04 - Handbag & Book, Connie Bretes
- 11/30 - Handbag & Book, open
- 11/27 - Handbag & Book, VB
- 11/23 - Happy Thanksgiving!
Friday, April 25, 2014
.@VickiBatman - #Movie Maniac: Finding Vivian Maier
The movie theater had teased about this docu/drama for months. Many articles had appeared in newspapers. Everyone was astonished. The story was that intriguing. All was summed up in one question: Who was Vivian Maier?
Once upon a time, a young man bid on a trunk which held a woman's photography past. What he found astounded him--100,000 photos--and ultimately, many experts, even the families she worked for.
The woman, Vivian Maier, worked as a nanny and had a passion for photography. She took her charges and traipsed over the city, photographing kids, old, young, unusual. She had a great eye.
The young man, John Maloof, brought her work to galleries and in this unforgettable film which explores all facets about Vivian. I highly recommend this film.
For more information, go to: website