Friday, May 09, 2014

.@VickiBatman ~ #Movie Maniac: Kinky Boots


 
 
 
 
Recently, Handsome and I went on a getaway to New York, and I just had to see the Tony award-winning Broadway musical Kinky Boots.
When the movie aired several years ago, I was enamored. It was so well acted (Chiwetel Ejiofor and Joel Edgerton). The story pulled at the heartstrings and all was tied at the end with a HEA.

Here’s the blurb: The son of a struggling Northampton shoe factory owner forms a partnership with a drag queen to save the business and discovers they aren’t so different after all.
Kinky Boots, the musical, is based on the movie and follows the story I knew. The musical numbers were written by Cyndi Lauper (yes, her!) and are really well done. The set was used very creatively. All the characters were well-defined.

I wouldn’t miss either one. In fact, if Kinky Boots is on cable, I will watch it over and over. I love the fashion show and the music at the end.

For more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinky_Boots_(film)

No comments: