Friday, June 27, 2014

#Movie Maniac - The Grand Seduction is quite funny @VickiBatman #MFRWorg

Want a #movie that is sweet, funny, with quirky characters? Try:



My paper gave this a medium review, but as I read it, more came to me. "Similar to Northern Exposure." "Quirky like 'Waking Ned Devine'." Well, I loved those, and since the review said "lots of laughs," I'm like, why not?

Here's a blurb: In order to save a dying town and entice a new bio-chemical factory, the residents of Tickle Head band together to seduce a young doctor into staying.

And featuring:

  • Taylor Kitsch as Dr. Lewis
  • Brendan Gleeson as Murray French
  • Liane Balaban as Kathleen
  • Gordon Pinsent as Simon

  • FMI: The Grand Seduction

    Handsome and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not an Academy award-winner, yet does leave you with a "Feel Good," and that's not so bad.

    Does every film have to be an award-winner?

    1 comment:

    Angela Adams said...

    Not all movies need to be "Oscar-like" -- sometimes you just need to sit back and have a good laugh. Thanks for the post.