Friday, February 13, 2015

#Movie Mom - Mr. Turner #MFRWorg #RLFblog #film #greatpainter




Movie Mom 



Mr. Turner is a biographical movie about British artist J. M. W. Turner (1775–1851), written and directed by Mike Leigh, and starring Timothy Spall as Mr. Turner and Dorothy Atkinson as his housekeeper. Profoundly affected by the death of his esteemed father, loved by his housekeeper--whom he takes for granted--he forms a close relationship with a seaside landlady with whom he eventually lives incognito in Chelsea, where he dies.

Throughout all this, Turner travels and paints oil paintings of landscapes and the sea.(Wikipedia)

My thoughts: I rarely do fantasy, sci-fi, and blockbuster movies. I tend to watch something different and this is a gem of one. Mr. Turner's paintings are outstanding and this movie gives a glimpse into his life and how he worked. I was captivated by the incredible cinematography. Almost every frame is a masterpiece worthy of the artist, making me say, "I want to go there." Kudos on the costume work as well.

Mr. Spall contorts his face, makes funny and odd sounds, almost in a socially unacceptable way. 

I was never bored and truly liked seeing something different. Highly recommend.

FMI: Wikipedia

2 comments:

Chrys Fey said...

This sounds like an interesting movie! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it. :)

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Chrys! I first liked it because of the subject matter and especially because there was no action Jackson stuff. It moved fast and was interesting. Thanks for posting.