Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 11/27 - Handbag & Book, open
- 11/23 - Happy Thanksgiving!
- 11/20 - Handbag & Book, Pauline Baird Jones
- 11/16 - Vicki, a funny look at colonoscopy
- 11/13 - Handbag & Book, Falling Leaves
- 11/09 - Vicki, Season of Magic
- 11/06 - Handbag & Book, H. D. Thomson
- 11/02 - Handbag & Book, Barbara White Daille
- 10/30 - Handbag & Book, Vicki
- 10/26 - Handbag & Book, Joanne Guidoccio
Wednesday, April 01, 2015
The #AprilFoolsDay Proposed to twice! #MFRWorg #RLFblog #engaged
I was like "huh." And then the shadow of a thought passed through my head. Did he intend to propose?
I went to bed kinda excited. Sleep eluded me.
The next day he came over and we were watching TV after dinner. He pulled me close and proposed! I said, "Yes!" My whole being bubbled with happiness. After he left, it dawned on me that the date was April 1, April Fool's Day.
Uh-oh. A tiny bit of me wondered if he was pulling my leg. I didn't know for sure. And asking him to clarify was out of my character. Was I or wasn't I?
There really was only one way to definitely know. On April 2, Handsome returned and I fixed dinner. Afterwards, I casually said, "You know yesterday was April Fool's Day?"
The funniest grin shaped his mouth. "Ye-es."
"Did you mean what you asked me yesterday?"
His smile grew bigger. "Mean what?"
"Did you mean to ask me to marry you?"
What felt like a wait of lifetime went by. My insides were jumping up and down.
Handsome took my hand and said, "Will you marry me?"
And for the second time, I said, "Yes."
We have a good family story.