I could tell something was coming. Handsome usually did out of town audits and for him to come home in the middle of the week to see me was remarkable. He had asked me to go to the movies and just as we were leaving, a friend stopped by and being the polite people we were, we invited him to go along. We saw "Clash of the Titans," not a good movie in my opinion. So when we returned to my apartment, my friend stayed and stayed and Handsome became a little more uncomfortable. Finally, the friend left and Handsome did as well in a little bit of a huffy way.
I was like "huh." And then the shadow of a thought passed through my head. Did he intend to propose?
I went to bed kinda excited. Sleep eluded me.
The next day he came over and we were watching TV after dinner. He pulled me close and proposed! I said, "Yes!" My whole being bubbled with happiness. After he left, it dawned on me that the date was April 1, April Fool's Day.
Uh-oh. A tiny bit of me wondered if he was pulling my leg. I didn't know for sure. And asking him to clarify was out of my character. Was I or wasn't I?
There really was only one way to definitely know. On April 2, Handsome returned and I fixed dinner. Afterwards, I casually said, "You know yesterday was April Fool's Day?"
The funniest grin shaped his mouth. "Ye-es."
"Did you mean what you asked me yesterday?"
His smile grew bigger. "Mean what?"
"Did you mean to ask me to marry you?"
What felt like a wait of lifetime went by. My insides were jumping up and down.
Handsome took my hand and said, "Will you marry me?"
And for the second time, I said, "Yes."
We have a good family story.
- 08/10 - New Release, Tina Donahue
- 08/07 - Handbag & Book, Summer of Seduction authors
- 08/03 - Travel & Book, Nancy Raven Smith
- 07/31 - Sisterhood FB Party!
- A Book Signing, Vicki
- 07/24 - Handbag & Book, Linda Tillis
- 07/20 - Recipe & Book, Vinnie Hansen
- 07/17 - Handbag & Book, Beverley Oakley
- 07/13 - Recipe & Book, Norma Huss
- 07/10 - Handbag & Book, Loretta Wheeler
- 07/06 - Travel & Book, Sharon Buchbinder
- 07/03 - Happy Fourth of July!