Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Old Things #crochet #vintage #MFRWorg #RLFblog

I love some old things. Beaded satin Christmas ornaments. Needlepoint handbags. Books. 

Recently, I traveled with Handsome to Lawrence, Kansas. He attended a KU Business School board meeting and I snuck off to the fabulous downtown where there are plenty of shops and restaurants. But my favorite one of all is an antique mall. 

There, something caught my eye: 



Isn't it lovely? The shawl is wool, probably crocheted in a wave pattern (If you know, please tell me!) It measures five feet by 18 inches. And the cost? You won't believe this. A mere $7.00.

I'm guessing a family cleaned a house and had a tag sale. The shawl was leftover. I can't imagine the price being so low, but that was the correct one. Recently, we had a cold day, like upper fifties, and I wrapped it around my shoulders while working at my computer. Perfect! 

I've carried it to the movies where the theaters are notoriously cold. Perfect!

How about you? Have you ever found a bargain and it was perfect?


Need a perfect read for a drizzly day? Try my romantic comedy mystery where my heroine takes temporary jobs and nothing goes right. Find Temporarily Employed at: Amazon

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Vicki ... that is better than perfect. It's called a ripple stitch. You increase and decrease in a pattern and that's the effect you get. Last week my daughter sent me a picture of a rainbow ripple blanket she wants me to crochet for our baby girl.

I have found nice things roaming out there, but nothing quiet so lovely. Enjoy :)

Vicki Batman said...

Hi Florence and thanks for the information on ripple stitch. How wonderful you are making a treasure for the baby. Hugs!

Angela Adams said...

That's a lovely garment. My grandmother had a talent for knitting and crocheting.