I love some old things. Beaded satin Christmas ornaments. Needlepoint handbags. Books.
Recently, I traveled with Handsome to Lawrence, Kansas. He attended a KU Business School board meeting and I snuck off to the fabulous downtown where there are plenty of shops and restaurants. But my favorite one of all is an antique mall.
There, something caught my eye:
Isn't it lovely? The shawl is wool, probably crocheted in a wave pattern (If you know, please tell me!) It measures five feet by 18 inches. And the cost? You won't believe this. A mere $7.00.
I'm guessing a family cleaned a house and had a tag sale. The shawl was leftover. I can't imagine the price being so low, but that was the correct one. Recently, we had a cold day, like upper fifties, and I wrapped it around my shoulders while working at my computer. Perfect!
I've carried it to the movies where the theaters are notoriously cold. Perfect!
How about you? Have you ever found a bargain and it was perfect?
Need a perfect read for a drizzly day? Try my romantic comedy mystery where my heroine takes temporary jobs and nothing goes right. Find Temporarily Employed at: Amazon
- 08/10 - New Release, Tina Donahue
- 08/07 - Handbag & Book, Summer of Seduction authors
- 08/03 - Travel & Book, Nancy Raven Smith
- 07/31 - Sisterhood FB Party!
- A Book Signing, Vicki
- 07/24 - Handbag & Book, Linda Tillis
- 07/20 - Recipe & Book, Vinnie Hansen
- 07/17 - Handbag & Book, Beverley Oakley
- 07/13 - Recipe & Book, Norma Huss
- 07/10 - Handbag & Book, Loretta Wheeler
- 07/06 - Travel & Book, Sharon Buchbinder
- 07/03 - Happy Fourth of July!