Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 11/27 - Handbag & Book, open
- 11/23 - Happy Thanksgiving!
- 11/20 - Handbag & Book, Pauline Baird Jones
- 11/16 - Vicki, a funny look at colonoscopy
- 11/13 - Handbag & Book, Falling Leaves
- 11/09 - Vicki, Season of Magic
- 11/06 - Handbag & Book, H. D. Thomson
- 11/02 - Handbag & Book, Barbara White Daille
- 10/30 - Handbag & Book, Vicki
- 10/26 - Handbag & Book, Joanne Guidoccio
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Old Things #crochet #vintage #MFRWorg #RLFblog
Recently, I traveled with Handsome to Lawrence, Kansas. He attended a KU Business School board meeting and I snuck off to the fabulous downtown where there are plenty of shops and restaurants. But my favorite one of all is an antique mall.
There, something caught my eye:
Isn't it lovely? The shawl is wool, probably crocheted in a wave pattern (If you know, please tell me!) It measures five feet by 18 inches. And the cost? You won't believe this. A mere $7.00.
I'm guessing a family cleaned a house and had a tag sale. The shawl was leftover. I can't imagine the price being so low, but that was the correct one. Recently, we had a cold day, like upper fifties, and I wrapped it around my shoulders while working at my computer. Perfect!
I've carried it to the movies where the theaters are notoriously cold. Perfect!
How about you? Have you ever found a bargain and it was perfect?
Need a perfect read for a drizzly day? Try my romantic comedy mystery where my heroine takes temporary jobs and nothing goes right. Find Temporarily Employed at: Amazon