Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I've been stitching and zipping- an iPad cover #MFRWauthor #needlepoint #crafting #RssosSisters

 

I'm just a    Crafty gal
Sometimes, needlepoint projects can take me a while. Last summer, I began a Stitch n Zip iPad cover and took it with me on my vacation as it was small enough to fit in my handbag. When I returned, my sister said she thought it cute and said when I was finished it was hers for her birthday.
 
I finished a few weeks ago. And here's the progression:


   Beginning late June, 2015


 July 2015
 
 
finished November 2015.
 
I like working with cotton floss and these kits are furnished with those. I do use a different needle than the one which is included in the package. For the center of the flowers, I added a bead instead of stitching with white thread. After all, this was for my sister and she needed some glamor. Because this case was to be used for an iPAD, I wanted to beef up the protection. I cut a piece of black felt on the inside and hotglued on 3 sides. Then I slipped in loose batting (because that is what I had!) and finished gluing. I put a split ring on the zipper for easy grasping and using.
 
My sister says she loves it.
 
 
What crafting project are you working on?
 
   Season of Surprises, a holiday anthology, featuring "Holiday Handbag Extravaganza": Amazon  Barnes & Noble  Kobo  iTunes

 
 

 
 



11 comments:

Cathy McElhaney said...

That is beautiful! I am working on an afghan that I started 2 years ago, lol! I don't have much time for crocheting at the moment...but since you sparked this, I may take it to work on at the hospital while waiting as my baby girl (grand daughter) is in surgery this morning. I was going to take my Kindle and play some mindless games (can't concentrate to read), but maybe I will take that instead. My baby is having an enlarged lymph node removed from her neck and I am kind of nervous.
I also make Dream Catchers. I have made some as ornaments for the tree and also some Steeler ones for my Steeler fan friends and family, along with traditional ones. I haven't made any other team ones at the moment.
Well I need to go fin d my crochet hook and get it ready to go!

JM Maurer said...

I can sew on a button. Does that count?
It turned out great, Vicki. I love the pattern. Well done! :)

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Cathy! I took needlepoint when Handsome had cancer treatments and it so helped me have sanity. I find it very calming and my thoughts are better. Try it!

Hi, J M! A button is good. I really taught myself the basic needlepoint stitch. It isn't hard. The canvas is painted and comes with the matched thread and needle. If I CAN do this anyone can. I did take a class a few years later and for the most part, the fancy stitches involve counting. We all know about me and math....

Luanna Stewart said...

That case is super cute! I love the colours. I'm a knitter right now, and am working on socks. I'm also a rug-hooker, and have a large project to start in the new year. I used to be a counted cross-stitcher, well, I guess I still am, just haven't done it in a few years. As soon as everyone in my family had something substantial that I'd stitched, I took a break. I bet they were relieved, hehe.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Luanna! Congratulations on being a knitter!!! I admire people who can. I have several friends who are avid knitters. And a rug hooker too!!! Oh my, you are a girl with many talents. I can't do counted cross-stitch. My eyes crossed. LOL So far, all my friends and family take the things I make and never say anything except thank you. Hugs!

Angela Adams said...

I'm not very good at crafting -- mostly I don't have the patience to sit there and concentrate. But, I love admiring your talent (smile!).

Patricia Kiyono said...

Pretty! I've been using plastic grocery bags to crochet tote bags for my mom and daughters. I've been saving them for a year so I have LOTS of bags - so I might a well use them up!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! You probably have grown tired of hearing me pontificate on crafting. It's in my blood, the family blood. I guess the whole "idle hands" thing. hugs!

Hi, Patricia! Now that is very cool. VERY!!! You might need to come show off on this blog!!!

Patricia Kiyono said...

I'll try to remember to take pictures before I give them away!

darkwriter said...

That's beautiful. I'm not a crafty person but I've just started to do glass fusion. I really like it.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Wonderful, Patricia. Email me!

Hi, Beverley! I think glass fusion is crafty. lol. Hugs too.