Monday, June 06, 2016

Bueller? Bueller? 30 years later #goodmovie #RssosSisters #MFRWorg



I find it hard to believe that “Ferris Bueller” is 30!!! years old. In Chicago, celebrations are being held--a tour of sites, a parade, in fact, a Ferris Fest.

I adore this movie because it’s full of fun and it is a John Hughes film, the best writer/director at letting us remember childhood, adults, and fun.  My sister swore we played this film all the time whenever she visited my house. My #2son can recite the whole thing.

If you haven’t watched, here’s a bit: Ferris Bueller is a high school senior and by pretending to be sick, skips a day from school with his girlfriend and best friend Cameron.


Not so bad—right?

Only they appropriate Cameron’s dad’s Ferrari.


Go to a ball game and catch a fly.

Participates in a parade-Twist and Shout!

Elude the oily assistant principal.

Thwart Ferris’ sister who wants to know why him and not her.

Cons their way into a swanky restaurant.

And talk about their lives and future.
Boy, I’d have loved to do those things. Only I was the good girl and never skipped. I was in a parade. LOL.



My favorite scenes:

The shot of the assistant principal’s eyeball through a knothole.

The girl asking the assistant principal if he’d like a gummy bear, warm from her pocket.
And the flying Ferrari


 

So how do you feel about Ferris? Do you watch it every time it is on?

 

2 comments:

Angela Adams said...

30 years! I feel old...

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hey, Angela! I was surprised, but shouldn't have been. I adore this movie.