- 07/20 - Recipe & Book, Vinnie Hansen
- 07/17 - Handbag & Book, author
- 07/13 - Recipe & Book, Norma Huss
- 07/10 - Handbag & Book, Loretta Wheeler
- 07/06 - Travel & Book, Sharon Buchbinder
- 07/03 - Happy Fourth of July!
- 06/29 - Gardening and Book, Vicki
- 06/26 - Handbag and Book, VB
- 06/22 - Travel & Book, Iris Blobel
- 06/19 - Handbag & Book, J J Montgomery
- 06/15 - Vicki, To Donut or Not
- 06/12 - Handbag & Book, Joanne Guidoccio
Wednesday, April 09, 2014
@VickiBatman ~ Thoughts on a dad and iPad
Last week, an article appeared in Publisher's Weekly about a Dad who only lets his son read on an iPad.
Here's the link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/the-ipad-dad-who-wont-let-son-read-books/story-fni0cx4q-1226868554082?utm_source=Publishers+Weekly&utm_campaign=429981508a-UA-15906914-1&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0bb2959cbb-429981508a-304641145%3Fsv%3Da50d8c3c2f180781e34eb420678cdaee#.UzmMsr0lzmc.facebook
To summarize, Mr. Fallah says, “I think reading a story on your iPad is a good way to show kids what reading should be, it’s a lot more fun, things sparkle.”
He comments on the fact that all kids books on iPad are "better than normal books." And mentions the ability to "highlight" words. He likes how the book reads itself to his son and "don't have to be there." He did say he reads with his son, though.
When I put this up on Facebook, my how people had stuff to say. I am especially fond of the whole "What do you do when electricity goes out and the battery fails" camp.
So what do you think?
Posted by Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction, blogger at Handbags, Books...Whatever at 10:59 AM