1. What is your favorite kind of mystery? I like a variety of mysteries, cutting on my teeth on Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden. In middle school, I discovered Agatha Christie and Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca. As a young adult, I segued to more romantic mysteries. Then I discovered different English mystery authors thanks to the PBS Mystery series.
2. Do you like humor in mysteries? I do! Mysteries tend to be dark. I relished those funny and snarky comments.
3. Who are your favorite mystery authors? I am particularly fond of Dick Francis and once told Handsome I wished I could write like him. I also like romance with suspense like those by Mary Stewart and M. M. Kaye. Julia Spencer Fleming is very good as is Elizabeth George and Sue Grafton.
4. Do you like series in mysteries? I do! Familiar characters are brought back to delve into new mysteries. And if there are romantic heroes, we all wonder "when?"
5. Why write humorous romantic mysteries? I believe this genre is an extension of my voice and I put that on the page.
6. Have you had "interesting" jobs? I have. And I've had to take jobs just to make ends meet. But I believe everything happens for a reason and maybe bits and pieces have ended up in my books.