Friday, July 25, 2014

#Movie Mom: From small boy to college bound, your heart will feel Boyhood #MFRWorg #RLFblog


#Movie Mom


I wasn't all that sure what I was getting myself into when I went to see 



I'd seen a few trailers and they made it seem as if we would be following the life of a boy until college age--which is true. But there is so much more.

Directed by Richard Linklater over a twelve year span, this movie is unusual in that we actually see life through the lenses of the mother, father, sister and the boy. I laughed a lot, got teary-eyed on occasion, felt terrified in bits, etc. Yet, this could be normal. 

The movie features Ethan Hawke who, to me, delivers the best parts and does his darndest to deliver good dad advice. Patricia Arquette plays the mother. The movies is filmed in parts of Texas and I have to say the hike in Big Bend at the end just confirmed for the millionth time how I needed to visit there.

I love the scene with the boy on the grass, staring into the sky, daydreaming.

I liked this movie. 

FMI: Boyhood