Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 11/02 - Handbag & Book, Barbara White Daille
- 10/30 - Handbag & Book, Vicki
- 10/26 - Handbag & Book, Joanne Guidoccio
- 10/23 - Tina Donahue
- 10/19- Last days of summer
- 10/16 - Handbag & Book, Karilyn Bentley
- 10/12 - Last Year was Tough. This Year was Tougher
- 10/09 - Handbag & Book w Pam Thibodeaux
- 10/05 - Found object! And it's all Mine!
- 10/02 - Handbag & Book w VB
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
.@VickiBatman : I've been crafting and just call me Isadora #MFRWorg #PlottingPrincesses
Recently, a friend asked several of us if we would be her guinea pigs. She was interested in presenting a class on felting on silk. Always eager to learn new stuff, I said yes.
First, we studied her technique, then tied on our aprons, picked out a silk scarf, and laid it out on the table. She showed us how to place roved wool on the silk. Second, we wet it thoroughly, then agitated with a sander four times. Three, we rinsed in hot water and balled and flung our scarves 150 times. Four involved soaking in vinegar. Five used a conditioner soak. Six meant dry.
I picked a dark green hand dyed scarf and embellished with blue flowers topped with a scarlet center. The stems and leaves are light green. Wisps of brown are along the base of the flowers.
This was an amazingly easy project, taking about 2 1/2 hours. Because the silk is so lightweight, the scarf dried quickly.
A close up of the flowers:
How did I do? What is your favorite craft?