Handbags, Books...Whatever

Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.



HBW Calendar

  • 12/25 - Merry Christmas!
  • 12/21 - Handbag & Book, Reggi Alder
  • 12/18 - Handbag & Book, Vicki Batman
  • 12/14 - Handbag & Book, Kathryn Randle
  • 12/11 - Handbag & Book, Kathleen Krevat
  • 12/07 - Handbag & Book, Melissa Keir
  • 12/04 - Handbag & Book, Connie Bretes
  • 11/30 - Handbag & Book, open
  • 11/27 - Handbag & Book, VB
  • 11/23 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Monday, November 10, 2014

.@VickiBatman - finally I get my #birthday #handbag #MFRWorg #RLFblog #fashion


It's the truth. Handsome gave me my birthday present six weeks after my birthday. He couldn't find it in his closet--his closet isn't messy.
*Handbag Monday*
I spotted this lovely bag on ETSY and sent the link to Handsome's assistant. I knew she would make sure he bought it. But when my birthday rolled around, we were vacationing and we had a nice dinner to celebrate with a very delicious apple crisp topped with ice cream. 

When we returned home, he didn't give it to me. I would subtly ask and nothing. Finally, I demanded (yes, that sounds strong, but what the heck was up with him?). 

You know how I love needlepoint. This design resembles ribbons. It's flat and has compartments inside. I'm not fond of the shoulder bag handles and will probably change. I think adorable.

How did Handsome do?

And time to celebrate because I have TWO books out:




Blurb for Temporarily Employed: New job. New love. And murder. Desperate for cash to cover the basic necessities, Hattie Cooks takes a temporary job at Buy Rite insurance company where she uncovers an embezzling scam tied to the death of a former employee--the very one she replaced.

Buy Link for Temporarily Employed: Amazon

Blurb for Season of Magic featuring "Holiday Disaster": The week before Christmas and all is in disarray when a librarian experiences horrible plumbing issues and a Mr. Maintenance Man who isn’t nearly as jolly as Santa Clause. This Christmas is a disaster. 

Buy Link for Season of Magic: Amazon

Find out more about Season of Magic at: Facebook








Happy birthday to me? Did someone forget your birthday? 

9 comments:

Liese said...

Pretty bag! Happy Birthday!

Liese

Elizabeth Essex said...

Wishing you many happy returns of the day. And many handbags. :)

Cheers, EE

Sylvia said...

Beautiful bag. Happy birthday.

Angela Adams said...

I love that bag -- I also love your dessert choice! Happy Birthday!!

Susan Day said...

Looovee the bag. Happy birthday from across the seas!

florence cronin said...

Vicki, love that handbag. Great selection. I bet you go nuts on Etsy. They have thousands of bags on line. How on earth can anyone ever decide?

Did I wish you a Happy Birthday?

In case I forgot ...Happy, Happy Birthday to you !!! :)

chris keniston said...

I"m wondering what Handsome was waiting for ? : )

vicki batman said...

Hi, everyone and thank you for the six weeks later birthday wishes. Angela, On the Border has the best apple crisp!

I know, Chris, what was he thinking. He thinks it is funny.

Florence, I love looking at ETSY. I have a fun time there and at eBay, especially with needlepoint handbags.

Lyndi Lamont said...

Happy birthday, Vicki! Your new handbag is lovely. Glad you finally received it.

Blog Archive

Follow by Email