Wednesday, February 15, 2017

#MysteryThrillerWeek #author Jordan Greene #psychologicalthriller #MFRWorg #amwriting

TODAY’S AUTHOR IS: Jordon Greene, author of To Watch You Bleed, Psychological Horror Thriller  
 
WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO WRITE? In middle school, I entered a local short story competition with a friend where he wrote the story and I drew the illustrations. We didn’t win, and I didn’t even write it, but something about the experience sparked an interest in writing within me and the following year my sixth grade teacher, Ms. Hicks, continued to encourage me to write, even letting me take a group of friends aside once a week for a weekly story planning sessions in a “book” I wanted to write. I’ve wrote something or another ever since until I finally published my first book in 2016. 
 
WHERE DO YOU DO YOUR BEST WRITING? You’d think I would do my best writing at home, in a familiar setting, some place quiet and calm, but no, I don’t. I actually do my best writing out at a restaurant. I don’t really know what it is, but some reason I do best out on the town, even if the music is playing in the background (as long as I’m not like right under a blaring TV or speaker). Both of my books were actually wrote primarily at Pier 51 Seafood Restaurant, Applebee’s and Fiesta Mexican in Concord, NC. 
 
WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? All types. I’ll listen to most anything from heavy metal, to some pop, country and even some movie soundtracks, just don’t ask me to listen to rap. My favorites though are heavy metal and metalcore, specifically bands like Art of Dying, Five Finger Death Punch, Bring Me the Horizon, Black Veil Brides and Beyond the Fade. 
 
WHAT IS THE FIRST BOOK YOU REMEMBER READING? The first book I really remember reading was Kevin J. Anderson’s Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege. If you’re familiar with the series, I definitely read it out of order, but I definitely read most of the series after that. I love Star Wars (and Star Trek) so as a sixth grader it was definitely one of the few books you could get me to voluntarily read. I think it’s actually one of the few books I’ve read more than once as well. 
 

Dalton Summers has the perfect life, and a dark secret. One phone call will threaten it all, “Hurry home Dalton… Before I kill them all.” 
 
A burst of brilliant white danced across the night sky just beyond my vantage outside the rear passenger window. I flinched as thunder shook the car a second later. 
“Ah!” Dusty yelped from the seat in front of me. 
“Calm your tits,” my dad chided him dismissively. “You’re not a little girl, or a baby, now are you?” 
“No,” Dusty tried, his voice was quiet and hurt. “I’m not.” 
With my lips pursed, I groaned and let my gaze escape to the heavy raindrops pelting my window. It was a cold November rain. It saturated every inch of the bare-limbed sycamores along the roadway, their branches swaying boisterously in the roiling wind. 
Dad refused to slow the car despite how hard the wipers were working, and failing, to clear the front windshield. I’m positive the tires had lost traction at least twice since we exited the elementary school parking lot from Dusty’s basketball game. 
 
FIND AUTHOR JORDON GREENE AT: Website
 
FIND TO WATCH YOU BLEED AT: Amazon


Jordan, are there any psychological movies that inspire you?

3 comments:

Angela Adams said...

Several of my RWA chapter mates write daily at restaurants and bistros. I'm too easily distracted, so I admire their concentration. Best wishes, Jordan, with your writing.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! I don't write well elsewhere. I did write some when my dad was in the hospital. It does take concentration. I don't have much today. Jumping from two stories.

Jordon Greene said...

Thanks Angela! I don't know what it is, but it just works for me. Haha!