Handbag and Book
Long ago, I went to a trade fair with a friend, and yup, my eyes caught my favorite accessory--handbags. Only these were no ordinary ones. They were handmade of Thai silk and very affordable. I bought three. For Handbag and Book, I present this one:
The fabric goes with many things. I added the pin because I liked it. The handles are shorter and made of the fabric, twisted into a rope and stitched in a circle. I like this because it represents ingenuity. Inside, the lining is turquoise, and there is a zippered pocket. As you can see, I draped a tie over the edge. There's a matching one on the other side. When looped into a bow, the shape changes to this:
I don't carry my fabric ones consistently because of fraying, and frankly, I like them too much to throw away. With leather bags, there will be wear on corners too, as well as the metal fastenings, and handle. All bags have to be cared for lovingly.
Here's some fun! The Amazon bestseller, Just You and Me, boxed set, features my romantic comedy short story, "Raving Beauty." Although a handbag isn't carried by my heroine like in my other works, she does have fun pajamas. Discover the fun at: Amazon
- 08/10 - New Release, Tina Donahue
- 08/07 - Handbag & Book, Summer of Seduction authors
- 08/03 - Travel & Book, Nancy Raven Smith
- 07/31 - Sisterhood FB Party!
- A Book Signing, Vicki
- 07/24 - Handbag & Book, Linda Tillis
- 07/20 - Recipe & Book, Vinnie Hansen
- 07/17 - Handbag & Book, Beverley Oakley
- 07/13 - Recipe & Book, Norma Huss
- 07/10 - Handbag & Book, Loretta Wheeler
- 07/06 - Travel & Book, Sharon Buchbinder
- 07/03 - Happy Fourth of July!
Monday, March 20, 2017
Handbag and Book: delectable silk #accessories #luxuryhandbag #MFRWorg #JustYouandMe
Posted by Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction, blogger at Handbags, Books...Whatever at 1:30 AM