Monday, June 26, 2017

Saying Goodbye to a bag #wornout #RLFBlog #MFRWorg #accessories

Handbag and Book with VB

I know it is hard to believe, but sometimes, I do purge handbags. I've had some wear out, especially the fabric ones (a favorite Margaret Smith which I hope to replace someday), or somehow, the interior lining is ruined. Some are smaller than my need. Right now, I am carrying larger tote style bags which come with a crossbody strap (think Kate Spade, but not exclusively that brand).

Today, I am saying adios to this one by Le Sac. I absolutely love the print. I carried it a lot when I first bought it. One day in Jazzercise, a friend had dumped my things out of it and had put hers in. I should have given it to her. LOL. The handles are reinforced and there are pockets inside on each side and one in the middle. Despite all the good things, it came down to not using every day because of the size.

Are you surprised I am tossing one? Don't be. We all do. Many of you who have guested on HBW have said you carry until it is worn out. In a way, this one has worn out it's usefulness.
What never grows old is a good book. "Raving Beauty," my romantic comedy short story, is part of the Just You and Me boxed set. Check out the fun at:
 
 
Barnes BBB
Barnes and Noble:
 
Kobo:
 
Google Play:
 
iTunes:


6 comments:

Angela Adams said...

When it's item to "give up" an item that I love, I generally have to talk myself into it. This bag makes a nice accessory for a New Jersey "shore" vacation.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! I've held onto this one for years and finally, I did a closet clean up and decided it was time.

Melissa Keir said...

Sometimes it's hard to say goodbye to something you love and other times, it's easy. So which is it this time? I'm one of those people who has to wear out my purses, but clothes I do give them away.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Melissa! Not too hard because I thought logically about how I wasn't carrying it anymore. I do have that fun story about my friend stuffing her things in it. Maybe that's why I couldn't let it go for a while.

Joanne Guidoccio said...

Hi Angela, Love the bag! But I can understand wanting to get rid of it. I'm reminded of advice I once received: "If it no longer serves you or brings joy, dispose of it or simply walk away." Advice that can apply to many life situations.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Joanne, that is excellent advice. I can walk. :)