Monday, November 27, 2017

Handbag and Book: Shopping for a bag in an unlikely spot #antiquemall #newwithtags #handbag


Over Thanksgiving, my daughter in law and I traveled to my favorite antique mall in search of treasures. Mostly, I look for transferware serving pieces; however, every now and then, I find a handbag. That day I struck gold!

I found this lovely black tote with burnished gold clasp. It also has a crossbody strap, too. And according to the tag, had never been used. It was still stuffed with paper which can be a good thing because the bag will  hold a good shape).  

I believe we all are given things we aren't fond of or can't use. Lucky for me as I will be happy to use this one.
 



Ironically, it resembles another I purchased:
 
This one is a suede sage. Crazy, huh?

The holidays are here! And there is no better way to treat ourselves or the ones we love with holiday stories. Find your boxed set at:

Season of Promises:The Littlest Angel. Two people. One ornament for the tree. Can a twosome find common ground and discover the true meaning of Christmas?  Amazon







Season of Surprises: Holiday Handbag Extravaganza: Christmas Countdown is on! Hunk-a-licious customer, Jack Treadaway, pesters boutique owner, Callie Woods, to locate a vintage handbag for his mother. Too bad the wedge between them is his sister, the meanest girl in town. Amazon






Season of Magic: Holiday Disaster: The week before Christmas and all is in disarray when a librarian experiences horrible plumbing issues and a Mr. Maintenance Man who isn’t nearly as jolly as Santa Claus.   Amazon

And at other e-retailers.

3 comments:

Angela Adams said...

This is my kind of handbag!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Both are great!
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! I now like having a crossbody after we went to Europe and sometimes, it was out of necessity to wear it in that fashion. But this one is cute.

Thanks, Pam! I think it funny that I have two alike.