Thursday, February 01, 2018

Handbag and Book: #author Daryl Devore sharing #handbag and Lawbreakers #readromance #rlfblog #yoga


My handbag is really my yoga bag. I'm not a purse person. I'm a yoga person. The first gym I took yoga at had very little in yoga items. There were 2 blocks. If there were 17 people in class, that posed a problem. Slowly, I purchased items that were helpful in class (my own blocks, eye pillow, strap, knee pads).
Then I changed studios and this one has a "Toy Room," with enough of whatever is needed for class. But I continued to bring mine in an old worn out denim bag. My yoga teacher purchased this for me and had it embroidered and now I carry it to class with pride. Hanging on the left side, attached to the carbineer I attach my car keys to, is a gift from another fabulous friend – it is the lotus symbol and a single word – Breathe.
As if multiple planes crashes, a car accident, and a concussion isn’t enough, carefree Byn and straight-lace billionaire, Mark clash over Byn's need for independence and Mark's struggle with guilt pushing him in the opposite direction of love. When an art forger, an art thief and a ninety-year-old woman get involved the chance for true love for Byn and Mark fades.
All is lost until a children's game is their only hope.
 

All I had to do was steal a rare, red diamond. How hard could that be?

I followed the others into the Whittle Bus, took a seat and turned to look out the window. I didn't want a seat buddy. I didn't want a BFF – someone to giggle and bond with. I had a job to do. I had to keep my focus.

Especially if I wanted to live.

I stared blankly out the window, not seeing the city shift to country. Music blared from the bus's sound system. The driver turned the radio on an All 80s channel. Trying to block the music, I reviewed my evening. First, act like a meek female, not too competent or intelligent who doesn't speak English fluently. Second, pretend to be an acceptable server and deliver drinks to thirsty, rich people. Third, steal the red diamond.

Simple enough.

Find Two Truths and a Lie in Lawbreakers box set at: Amazon
Find Daryl Devoré at: Website
 
Daryl, I go to yoga, too, and don't carry such a nice bag like yours. When I first began, I used a large plastic bag I'd purchased at a flea market and still use it. Maybe one day, I'll get fancy...

4 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

Vicki... with your love of bags, you have to get one!

Daryl...super story and very thrilling! A must read! Congrats on the release!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Melissa! My current bag is on its last legs; so I'll be searching for one soon.

Angela Adams said...

Cool bag! I can think of soooo many things a bag like that would be handy to use. Great book cover -- very intense. Best wishes with your release!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

thank you so much, Angela, for visiting with Daryl today.