Thursday, May 10, 2018

Author Viviana MacKade - Ah, The Things This Purse Has Seen and her #newbook #readromance #RLFblog


Yes, it’s worn on the handle. Yes, colors faded a bit. Yes, the chunky thingy came off.


Yes, I love it. Because, come on, this handbag! Let me give you some backstory so you can see why it has a special meaning to me which goes beyond simply being awesomely cool.


My mom gave me this bag when I graduated from Law School. It ran the year 2007, the city was Turin and the country Italy, and Marco (my now husband) and I had just bought our one-way plane ticket for England.


It was the end of an era (school, Italy, and everything we knew) and the beginning of another. And my mom, being her fantastic self, knew I wasn’t going to afford that kind of handbag for a while (we’re talking three-digit price tag more than ten years ago, people. It’s a Roberto Cavalli handbag, after all. Look him up. He’s top). She knew how much I love handbags. And she knew my country girl heart beats for horses, saddles, and leather, and this thing sums it up perfectly.


Ah, the things this purse had seen, the places it had gone.


Also, it’s so spacious I can fit pretty much everything in it (if fact, I used it as diaper bag when my son was little. The bag was outraged, threatened to take a flight back to Italy. It didn’t, and I kept using it for baby stuff for a while longer because I'm the boss).


And this is the story of my favorite hand bag. I hope you enjoyed it, and seriously, look up my buddy Roberto and his purses.

At eighteen, DJ made a choice–her heart or her dreams. Neither was wrong, yet either would break her heart. She chose the world. Over a decade later, she returns to Crescent Creek and to the one regret she's ever had–Scott.

Scott’s always been steady as a rocky reef. He’d loved once and when she’d left, his strong heart had crumbled like a sandcastle. Now DJ is back, and Scott wants nothing to do with her. If only Eva, his and DJ’s old friend, didn’t need their help. Because of her, he’s stuck with DJ and he’d be damned, she still gets under his skin.

DJ is a free spirit who needs the road under her feet. Scott is a family man who wants to groom his roots. With danger on their doorstep and a baby to keep safe, how much are they willing to compromise for love?


“I missed you. All these years.” At his skeptical face, DJ shook her head. “Not in a romantic way. We were friends before we became more, and I missed it. I understand we can’t jump back to it,” she hurried to add, “but if we can at least be civil enough to talk to each other, spend some time together, it would be nice. Not only now, because we have Henry. I mean later, too.”


“And when is this happening? Now you stay because of Henry. Then what? Are we going to spend some time together when you feel like you have crumbles of spare time from your travels?” he said with mocking indifference. “I don’t like leftovers, and I have a life that doesn’t need or want you in it.”



“I don’t remember you being cruel.”



“Sorry to disappoint you, and welcome to the present.” He threw the vegetable he’d so carefully worked on in the garbage can, then looked at her again. “Let’s survive these days until Eva comes back, then we can move on.”



Find All Those Miles I Walked at: ebook  

Find Viviana at:  Website

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for having me and my handbag!!!
VIvi

Viviana MacKade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Love having author friends show off their handbags and books, two of my favorite things!!!

Melissa Keir said...

What a great gift! I love the story behind it!

Kathy Otten said...

Sounds like a bag I'd love. I love, horses, saddles, and leather too. Though I've never heard of the designer, it looks like a well-made, long-lasting bag. Hope it holds up through the 11 yrs.

Angela Adams said...

That is my kind of handbag!