Thursday, September 13, 2018

Handbags, Books...Whatever guest author Lynda Rees- What is adorable and unique? and The Bloodline Trail



This adorable purse matches absolutely nothing in my wardrobe, but that is part of its charm.

It is one of my favorite colors, has a unique texture, weighs almost nothing empty and holds everything but the kitchen sink. It might hold that too, if I tried to include it.


Deputy Jaiden Coldwater’s fling with Dr. Clay Barnes turns serious, but neither acknowledges it. Visiting Sweetwater to settle his parents’ estate, Clay stumbles on a murder victim; and many look suspicious.  His parents aren’t who he thought and never owned their farm. Clay tries to unravel the mystery, discover who he actually is, and what he wants from life, but may lose it all in a shootout when the murderer goes after the next victim.

He reached and she placed her smaller hand in his. His long fingers wrapped around hers. Her dark skin looked awkwardly cozy enveloped by his palm.

She let him tug her to the dining room. He released her, and her hand was emptier than it had been previously.

He grinned and winked. “Good thing I talked you into sticking around. I like how you think.” He brought her fingers to his lips for a quick kiss. His breath tingled on her skin. Moisture from his lips sealed a connection sending a zip of electricity surging through her. Her heart sang for joy.

“Play your cards well. I might do that.”

He dragged her into the living room flipping a sheet off exposing a worn, leather sofa. He marched to a wall beside a dresser. Peeling paper curled at corners. He snatched a strip and yanked. Paper ripped peeling a thick strip off. A layer of hundred-dollar bills glued attached to the back of the strip in Clay’s hand.

“What the—?”

Her mouth flopped open and her eyes widened. She moved closer to paper dangling from the wall. “It appears your parents left you an inheritance besides real estate.”


Find The Bloodline Trail at: Amazon


Find Lynda Rees at: Website

6 comments:

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I love everything about this bag, Lynda! I looked and looked for the perfect orange one and as of today, not found one yet.

Melissa Keir said...

What a great bag! I love the size and that texture is so cool! I wish you all the best with your book!

Angela Adams said...

"...holds everything but the kitchen sink." Now, that's my kind of handbag!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Vicki. I love it too. It was a gift from my daughter. She's such a thoughtful person, as are you. Thanks for the post and kind words. I've spread the word via my website at www.lyndareesauthor.com, via Facebook and Twitter. Let me know when I can reciprocate. I love your books. Your website is like you and your writing, warm, friendly and a barrel of fun. I enjoyed meeting you this year and hope to continue our friendship for many years to come.
Lynda Rees

Unknown said...

Thanks, Angela and Melissa, for the kind words. I hope you enjoy the story as much as I'm enjoying my brilliant orange handbag.
Sincerely,
Lynda Rees
lyndareesauthor@gmail.com
www.lyndareesauthor.com

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Lynda! My pleasure and I very much enjoyed meeting you at RWA. And I especially appreciate the writing compliments. Many hugs, VB