Monday, October 01, 2018

Book and Bag: Mustard isn't just a Condiment and #newbook Whispers of Winter, a #holiday #anthology


Why buy that handbag? I'm asked this question a lot--besides the one about how many handbags do you have? LOL. I do have several in black, or by collection, for example, Enid Collins, Margaret Smith, Hobo.

When I looked at what I have, there are obvious colors missing, specifically yellow. So I turned to my favorite ETSY to shop and found this gorgeous mustard colored one. But...

It had belonged to a smoker or stored in a smoking place-whatever. I felt I couldn't use it at all. I'm not one to waste my dollars; so I turned to Google and searched to tips to removed the smell. I stuffed it full of laundry dryer sheets and sealed it in a very large zip lock bag. For two months!! Seemed like a long time; however, it was no use to me as it was.

Lo and behold, the smell went away.

I hadn't carried it much because it is a little large and heavy (all that leather!). Great for sticking extra things like water, needlepoint, or a book. I stuck it back on a shelf until a couple of weeks ago. The color appealed to me in a fall way; decision? Carry.

I've had compliments galore from strangers. Who knew?

Like I said, it is roomy. In the middle is a zippered pocket and another stitched in the side. There is a crossbody strap, too. The label has a name, but I can't read what's there. It does say "Made in Italy."

Do you switch your bag for different seasons?


The holiday season is creeping in. Don't you want a great book to cuddle with? Try the holiday anthology, Whispers of Winter, which includes my holiday story, The Great Fruitcake Bake-off:
Find yours at:

Amazon       Barnes and Noble      Kobo


5 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

Beautiful bag! I'm glad you got the smell out! What a great cover. I wish you all the best.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Thank you, Melissa. I was shocked the smell came out.

Angela Adams said...

I love the cover for "Whispers of Winter!"

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

The snow and blue color is so attractive.

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Nope...switch when one is pretty much worn out LOL!
PamT