Saturday, September 28, 2013

Vicki Batman ~ Little Boy on a new Life Adventure


Happy Day!


I've had one year to prepare, and all the while I thought, yeah, no biggie.

#1 son is getting married today. 




Confession: I wonder if I'm ready?

I'm not depressed. He's marrying the loveliest girl. Just a tad blue with reminiscing. What I'm sad about – and I think most parents feel this way – is, in a way, my son ceases to be my little boy. L

A couple comes together in love, creates a little person who, in turn, will do the same thing. What people are meant to do.
And so, my son is beginning a new life journey. Leaving behind his childhood and moving into manhood.
 
 

I wish both of you joy, happiness, hope, and great love in your next chapter in your life adventure.

Love, Mom

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Vicki. Hugs you will be a beautiful mother of the groom.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Thank you, Andrea. I hope my dress fits!!!

Charmaine Gordon said...

Vicki, this is so true and you've written about it in your usual sparkling way. Raising a bunch of kids and seeing them marry happily has been a joy.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Thank you, Charmaine. It was a perfectly delightful day in every way. Hugs.

Sheila Seabrook said...

Congratulations, Vicki. I was just admiring the gorgeous wedding photos on FB. You have a handsome family of men and now you've gained a beautiful DIL. I'm so excited for you!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Oh Sheila, thank you so much. It was glorious and now, hard to believe one week ago tomorrow. oxoxo