Monday, September 02, 2013

@VickiBatman asks: What's in YOUR Closet? #HandbagMonday


*Handbag Monday*

Today's bag for #HandbagMonday might surprise you from the picture. You're probably thinking "Gee, VB, that bag is sorta…not flashy."
 
 

And you would be right. However, it does hold a special place in my heart for it was crocheted by my friend Mildred. Mildred just passed away this year at age 102. We were incredibly close and loved to shop together. My boys were the grandchildren she and her hubby, Bill, didn't have.

So when she was cleaning out her house and knowing how I felt about handbags, she asked if I wanted this one. Instantly, I said yes.

Like I said, it is crocheted. The top can fold down to carry it like a clutch, or carry by the handle. Lightweight. And it is possible a pen or pencil would slide about between the crochet, but nothing else has.

Handsome and I went to a barbecue recently. And down here it's HOT!! I wore a dark lavender linen short dress, white sandals and carried this bag.

So maybe this bag isn't for everyone, but I shall always cherish it because my friend made it.

 

Do you have an accessory from a loved one you cherish?

No comments: