Monday, December 16, 2013

Vicki Batman ~ #handbagMonday: what I bought for a friend for Christmas


#handbag Monday
 
Every year, I give a friend a handbag. It is a pure joy for me to shop for the perfect one. But the challenge is to find it!
 
This year, I found this:

 
It's a Kate Spade!!! Isn't the color gorgeous? I would carry it all year round. I love the size, the small tote handles, the fact is has a detachable shoulder strap. lots of pockets. And of course, I got a great deal.
 
Are you treating yourself to a handbag this Christmas?
 
Paris bag update:  I have been incredibly busy and not able to finish. After the holidays, life should be back on track and the Paris back will be done. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm not a purse or shoe fan, Vicki, but I love hats. lol

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Sandy! I think hats are beautiful, but I don't wear them well. My mom had some that were so pretty. I remember a tiny mink ring with a small veil... thanks for sharing today.

Sylvia said...

Hi Vicki! Bought a new purse this weekend and thought of you. Funny it was not what I was looking for, but I liked it and bought it. I wanted something that could put over my shoulder and keep my hands free for when we travel. My husband picked out the one I got and I like it, but it's not a shoulder bag and it's big. But my Kindle and the IPad will fit in there, so I'm ready now to travel.

Melissa Keir said...

That is a beautiful bag. I love the color.

I love those older hats. My grandma always had the best small caps with veils. I would love to have them with me today, but they didn't survive!

:)
Melissa

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Sylvia! A travel bag is so different from an everyday handbag. give us a report back on how this one works for you. Hugs!

Hi, Melissa! I love the color too. The same color in another style didn't work for me, then I spied this jewel behind the black ones!! Hugs

Unknown said...

Hi Vicki~I think handbag shopping is a form of therapy. I've restrained myself a lot in recent years but I used to be a handbag fanatic (and could easily become one again)... great find!