Friday, December 05, 2014

#Movie Mom: The Saving Private Ryan of tanks - FURY #MFRWauthors #RLForg #PlottingPrincesses


Handsome and I settled in our chairs at the theater, and I remarked, "I don't think I've seen a war movie since Monument's Men." 

And then Fury began.


#Movie Mom 

Blurb: The film opens in April, 1945.  A battle-hardened sergeant in the 2nd Armored Division commands a tank called "Fury" and its crew to hold significant crossroads until the U.S. arrives.

Fury was written and directed by David Ayer, starring Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Jon Bernthal, Michael Peña, Jason Isaacs, and Scott Eastwood. 

My Thoughts: This movie was so awesome and had me wound up. I had to take long deep breaths after it concluded because of being so tense. The camera work is up close and very personal. I lived with each character. Kudos to the cast for their acting. The setting was spot on. The Nazis bad. The tank-incredible.

I wouldn't miss this one if you love war movies. It's hard, real, scary, action-packed. Well done.

"Best job I ever had."

FMI: Fury

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi Vicki,
Nope, I can't do this one or the movie that his wife Angelina Jolie has coming out in December. I liked Monument Men, but I don't think I want to see this one. I know war is bad and I don't want to see the realities of it. I can't imagine what our brave men and women go through and I think I want to keep it that way. I'm looking for a good romantic comedy to come along. I'm so ready for a good one. I also want to see the movie about Stephen Hawking. He is such a complex man that I'm curious. We saw Mockingjay and I will say I was so disappointed. Not my favorite and I will do only one more of that series and I'm done. No more. This weekend is puppy weekend...no movies until next weekend. Oh, but hubby wants to watch his Christmas film...Die Hard. Crazy man.

Angela Adams said...

I enjoyed "Saving Private Ryan" because of the performances. Tom Hanks always gives a great performance. Thanks for the post.