Friday, April 24, 2015

All things Peanuts - Naturally! #animation #cartoon #MFRWorg

Recently, Handsome and I traveled to a nearby gallery to view what we thought were original art featuring Snoopy and Charlie Brown. 




We got something else.

Peanuts...Naturally features strips from Peanuts and shows how Charles Schultz incorporated environmental concerns into the cartoons. It is fun and educational, especially for young children. Hands on exhibits and lots of strips to read. The show will travel throughout the states until 2016.

Topics in the strips include the four seasons, climate changes, trees, birds, gardening and more. I was especially taken by one with Woodstock and Snoopy. Woodstock did a rain dance just on himself. There were stuffed birds in one exhibit which asked what kind of bird is Woodstock?

Young families will especially enjoy this exhibit. Handsome and I laughed over many of the strips and wondered why we hadn’t read the funnies in the paper in a while.

FMI: Information

Are you a Peanuts fan like me? Who is your favorite? And does Lucy drive you crazy?



Want to have some book fun? Lots of laughs? Great hero? Handbags and Jeeps? Check out TE at: Amazon paperback

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Love Peanuts! I had his poster hanging in my bedroom when I was a teenager.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Sylvia! I had a little book and my sisters had orange bedspreads. I adore Charlie Brown Christmas and plan my evening just so I can watch it on TV. My men are like you can DVR it. So not the same.

Hugs!

Jerrie Alexander said...

I love the Peanuts characters. Don't you wish just once Luck would end up onthe short end of the joke! lol

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Jerrie! Lucy is just terrible. But the perfect foil and balance for Charlie Brown. Thanks for posting.

Angela Adams said...

Snoopy and Woodstock FOREVER!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Yes! I wish i could share a fun pix i have