Friday, November 27, 2015

My love affair with Handsome all began with James Bond, Spectre #MFRWorg #RssosSisters #spyfilms #Ilovemovies

Movie Mom

I love movies and most weeks, Handsome and I go see one. In a pinch, we watch them on television. I like old films too. 

When we met, I was supposed to go to the movies with my friend, Charlie, who lived around the corner from my roommate and I. He and his roomie worked for Arthur Andersen. Earlier in the day, I asked Charlie if he had any plans for the evening and he said no. I asked if he wanted to go see the new Bond film with me. And he said yes. 

But Charlie had had a little too much fun in the sun. Around 4 o'clock, I went to check on him. Yup, he was sunburned and a little hungover. As I was about to leave, his doorbell rang. Charlie answered and found a co-worker, a good-looking guy wearing a flannel shirt--Memorial weekend is hot where I live. 

Charlie's friend kept thinking he was interrupting something and I remarked several times he had not. I explained how we were supposed to go to see the new Bond film and behind my hand, I leaned his way and said softly, "But he's a little wasted and can't go."

Charlie said, "You take her." 

My insides went what??? And his friend looked just as stunned. I said, "It's okay. You don't have to go." And yet, he said, "No, I want to go." 

I had just got together with a stranger. I gave him a wan grin and said, "Pick me up around the corner at..." I can't remember the exact time. 

As you know, the opening credits of any Bond film feature a lot of naked girls dancing around and this one did as well with Sheena Easton singing. Yikes. 

I can say, I did most of the talking. LOL

And Charlie's friend kept calling. So every Bond film is a little anniversary party for us. 

Recently, we saw Spectre. The filming was awesome. The story moved fast. I was never bored. Christoph Waltz is the best bad guy. I really liked Moneypenny, Q, and M having more to do. 

But then, I'm a huge Bond fan. <VBG> FMI: Wikipedia

What is the first 007 film you ever saw?

3 comments:

Cathy McElhaney said...

Well, I don't remember. Probably the first one. But I never got into the Bond films (ducking for cover!). I saw maybe 3 of them.
I love the way you and Handsome met! That was so cute! And really nice of Charlie! I met my hubby in the back of a Chevy Blazer, on our way to work. I didn't like him one bit! Ha ha! Here we are 35 years later...

Melissa Keir said...

I also was glad to see M, Q and Moneypenny as a part of the movie. They need to get out and see the world a bit more. :) I found this movie to be closer to the Sean Connery movies than in the past. I know that Daniel Craig has always played his Bond a little angry but this time there was a twinkle in his eyes.

Angela Adams said...

I loved reading the tidbit of you're initial meeting with Handsome! (I'm not much of a Bond fan).