Friday, December 18, 2015

Best of the Best #MFRWauthor #RssosSisters #amreading #christmasbooks


I am often asked what is the best book/romance book you have ever read? I have to giggle--"Besides my own??"

I like to read mysteries, thrillers, cozies, romantic suspense, contemporary and historical romance. Naturally, I have read books that have stayed with me forever. Was it because of an aahh Calgon take me away instance? Or did I finish the book and instantly, reread it?

Only two books had me instantly rereading:

A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Devereaux
Come to Grief by Dick Francis

Something about them had me wanting to experience the contents again. And to this day, I still consider them to be very special.

And then there are books that I periodically revisit, such as:

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.   

I first read Rebecca at age thirteen. For me, the book isn't a romance, but a thriller. Yes, there's a nice meet between the hero and heroine, but more importantly, the death of Rebecca. And that Mrs. Danvers??? She played with the heroine's and our minds.

Then there are authors whose works I really like and will consume everything they write:

A, B, C and on mysteries by Sue Grafton
Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella
Thomas Lynley mysteries by Elizabeth George
Mysteries by Dick Francis
Romance by Emilie Loring
Crazy mysteries by Carl Hiassen
Mystery series by Julia Spencer Fleming
Romantic suspense by Mary Stewart
English romps by Georgette Heyer

and on. You avid readers know what I mean. One book by an author and you will probably read everything they've written.

Oddly enough, I don't have any books on my Christmas list this year which is okay because my six foot tall bookcase is loaded with TBR. I can't wait to discover a new author for my must read.


Do you have a book you read and instantly reread? What is your all-time favorite book?



Perhaps you are in the mood for holiday stories? These Amazon best-sellers, which includes my romantic comedy short story, "Holiday Handbag Extravaganza," is available at e-retailers and: Amazon









1 comment:

Angela Adams said...

My grandmother gave me a book, "Joy in the Morning," by Betty Smith when I was about 12. Once in a while, I pick it up and reread it. I also enjoy visiting Robyn Carr's Virgin River from time to time.