Thursday, August 18, 2016

Downton Abbey: a last post about the costumes #historicalprograms #Rssos #accessories #fashion

Travels with Vicki and
Downton Abbey 4

And for my last post on the costumes of Downton Abbey, I have more treats to share!

Lady Rose is wearing a silk velvet evening dress with glass bead and sequin decoration. Worn at supper and a party in London. Because this is after WWI, it is not full-length. Don't you love the coral color?














Lady Cora wore this beautiful gown when she accompanied Lady Rose on her presentation at Court. Presenters wore a headdress of three feathers with a tulle veil (attached to a tiara), a train, and while or pale in color. She also carried a fan. The dress is in velvet, dropped waist with original lade and beadwork from the twenties on the bodies and sleeves. Diamante stones and gold seed beads are embellishments.











While pregnant, Lady Sybil wore this velvet maternity dress with gold embroidered borders. I have to say my photo doesn't do the dress justice. It is quite beautiful and unusual. The dress on the left was worn by a guest at a party attended by Lady Edith. The fabric is of black silk net with intricate embroidery known as Tambour work.










I hope you enjoyed the tour of Downton Abbey costumes. I truly will miss the show and seeing the exhibit renewed my want for more.


2 comments:

Cathy McElhaney said...

Thank you for sharing! I loved that show and the era. Especially the first season!

Angela Adams said...

These fashions are awesome! Thanks for sharing.