Monday, December 04, 2017

Handbag and Book: Don't want to carry a purse w Constance Bretes #musthaves #contemporary romance


I am not one to have to carry purses anymore. It used to be that I had to carry a suitcase purse for all my stuff that I had to have available and handy. There are certain things that I MUST have in my purse. My inhaler, for one, hearing aid batteries, wallet, and of course, little note pads for writing.
This particular purse, I got from my husband's storage unit purchases. I thought it was kind of cute, and of course, the cost? $0.00. Oh yeah, and I am a cheapie. This is smaller than usual for me and my wallet barely fits in it. But, it will work.

Marissa came home to escape her abusive ex-husband. Her home was her haven, until Riley invaded her space.
It seemed to Riley that Marissa was being evasive and noncommittal. She sure was an attractive woman, maybe a little too thin, but she had a lovely face and perfect rose-colored lips. Something about her piqued his interest.
“I just wondered how you were. Is this the first time you’ve been back to Frankenburg since high school?”
"Yes.”
“What brings you back?”
“I wanted to come back.” She crossed her arms over her chest.
He was aware of her annoyance, he tried to coax her into a better mood, but failed.
“Marissa, if you’d like, I could make you an offer on the twenty acres of land. That would give you enough money to buy a nice home in town and live more comfortably than you would here.”
“Why are you so bent on me leaving this house?” Marissa shot him a cold look, uncrossing her arms and squeezing her hands into fists.
“I’m not bent on anything, but I told you before I think the house is dangerous to live in.”
“Well, it’s my problem, so I’d appreciate it if you would mind your own business.”
“Why are you so testy? We’re a tight community here in Frankenburg, you know that. We look out for each other and try to help when we can. I’m only trying to be neighborly and keep you safe.”
“I’m not interested in you being neighborly and keeping me safe. I’m capable of taking care of myself, and I don’t need any help.”
“All right, Marissa, but you get that inspector out here as soon as possible.” Riley’s voice was smooth, but insistent.
“Yes, Sheriff.” She spat out the words contemptuously, did a mock salute, whirled around, walked into the house, and slammed the door in his face.

Find Blue As Sapphires at: Amazon
Find Constance Bretes at: Website
 
Hi, Connie! My dilemma is finding the right one to carry when on vacation and inevitably, I go for a crossbody style.

 

17 comments:

Alina K. Field said...

Cute handbag, Connie! I alternate between big and small bags. For my recent trip, I bought one of those coats with a gazillion pockets and carried a tiny handbag.

Liese said...

The photo is deceptive. It looks larger than a wallet to me! But then I haven't seen your wallet! ;-)

Thanks for sharing. Excerpt sounds great!

Best,
Liese

Melissa Keir said...

I love the feathers and beads at the top. I would need a larger bag too! But that's such a pretty one, I can see why you have kept it!

Unknown said...

Love your handbag, so retro! I used to be a handbag freak when I lived and worked in the city, especially when I did a couple of years in Dubai. Now, I have only one favorite - a purple cross-shoulder travel pouch. How times have changed...for the best! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the handbag. I've gone to a smaller bag too!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I want to know about the coat with a gazillion pockets.

Angela Adams said...

Cute handbag.

Connie Bretes said...

Thank you everyone, for your kind comments. I agree, Vicki, I'd like to see that gazillion pockets too!

Kara O'Neal said...

I love pockets! I wish every dress ever made came with pockets because I'm not a fan of purses. I enjoyed reading about your book! Thanks for posting!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Cute bag Connie!
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Leah St. James said...

It's adorable, Connie! I carry a "suitcase for a purse. i have my glasses (and a spare), notebooks, wallet, store cards that don't fit in my wallet, a tiny umbrella, artificial sweetener packets for when I go to restaurants that don't have my brand, my cell phone, my work badge and keys....uh...I forget what else! Luckily I only have to lug it to and from work most days. :-)

Maureen said...

I wish I could go without a purse. Mine is about a medium size.

Diane Burton said...

What a cute purse. I can't go anywhere without my purse. I loved my last one, but Toddler Girl loved it more. It had lots of zippers, which she enjoyed opening and closing. I finally gave it to her and she loved carrying it around.

Alicia Dean said...

I'm a handbag junkie. I change frequently, because I've never found the 'perfect' one. Congrats on the release, sounds great!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Leah! I have grown a tad larger in bags over the years, too, most recently because of a cell phone. lol

Hi, Maureen. I wouldn't want to put a lipstick in my pants' pocket as I'd probably wash it and that would be disastrous. lol

Hi, Diane! How sweet you shared, especially with your favorite toddler. Did you look up the brand to see if you could find another?

Hi, Alicia! I'm the junkie too but because I love bunches of different ones. I did treat myself to a new needlepoint bag. LOL

Connie Bretes said...

Thanks everyone, for visiting. I really enjoyed reading your comments about our purses. One of the great things about being a woman, eh?

Connie

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Connie! Men carried a "purse" way back when. Money was put in it. There wasn't many pockets. LOL.