Monday, January 29, 2018

Handbag and Book: #author Jasper Trey-Not just one bag #readromance #RLFblog

I don't carry just one bag, but why would I carry more than one at a time you might ask? The reasoning is simple, one afternoon I stopped on a doctor show and it was talking about how your handbag shouldn’t be more than 5 pounds. The show talked about how most women were carrying around these 10 or more pound bags everywhere and how bad it was for the back. I took the hint and downsized. (Confession: I could carry a small purse, as I also had a diaper bag to carry everything else! lol).
 
Fast forward a few years and with no need for diaper bag anymore, I walked into Target. And fell in love with this bag. So now I carry a small purse inside of my big purse, so I can look minimalist at times, but really I’m not. (PS I’m actually carrying two small purses in this big purse.)
 
 
Olivia is waiting to laugh. Dante is waiting to love. Together they can live.
 
    Dante turned the page of the sci-fi novel he’d checked out from the resort library. He 'd chosen it because it seemed an easy read, but the curvy brunette in the red bikini sidling up to the beach bar was winning the battle for his attention. He tried once again to concentrate on the book in front of him.
The beer filled his view shortly before the bronzed, bikini-clad body did. The beer slowly crossed his vision to be set on the table next to his chair. Then, with the grace of a yogi, the red bikini braced her hands on the arms of his chair and straddled his lap, ending with her mouth a scant half inch from his own. He could feel her breath on his lips, and was on the verge of closing that last half inch.
“I hear this is what you are drinking,” Bikini said, snapping Dante back to reality, and to the woman standing in front of him holding a couple of beers.
He really needed help if he was imagining strangers straddling him. He was really grateful to the book, as it hid his instant reaction to the thought of her straddling him.
Red Bikini continued. “I figured it was going to be Corona, and I’d have to decline the staff’s request to bring it over. But since it’s German, well, that shows good taste.”
The smile she gave him was slightly crooked, but Dante thought it seemed genuine. He reached for the beer.
“This will let me show the staff I can play nice,” she said. “Mind if I sit down?”
Watching her from behind his mirrored aviators, he gestured with the beer toward the seat next to his. As she turned to sit, he tried as discreetly as possible to adjust the hard on that his little fantasy brought on. But the slight smile she sent him as she sat and rested her elbows on her knees, let him know she had noticed.
 
 
Find Olivia at: Amazon
Find Jasper Trey at:  Website

5 comments:

Angela Adams said...

"Olivia is waiting to laugh. Dante is waiting to love. Together they can live." -- Wow! I love this! Best wishes!!!

Melissa Keir said...

What a beautiful cover. I like the larger purse you have. I can see why you fell in love!

Unknown said...

Thank you ladies! I love what my designer came up with on the cover, he out did my expectations!

And of course the bag(s). lol I want them all!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

So happy you are at HBW today! I'm sorry for my delay in responding as I have had internet issues. Yikes! I agree with Angela about your tagline.

Unknown said...

Boo to Internet issues!