Monday, August 13, 2018

Author Veronica Scott on Handbag and Book - Writing about ancient Egypt #handtooledhandbag #ancientEgypt #thriftstorefind



I used to love to go to thrift stores on the weekends and on one trip a few years ago I found this purse for $1.00! It’s special to me because I write a paranormal romance series set in ancient Egypt and of course the symbols on the leather, with the scarab reaching toward the sun and the faux hieroglyphics all reminded me of my love for everything relating to ancient Egypt.

Unfortunately the purse has no maker’s mark or place of origin so I have no idea where it actually came from but I’ve never seen anything like it before. It’s my little inside joke when I’m carrying it (especially if I’m wearing one of my T shirts with an Egyptian scene) because I do write the series and not that many people write fiction about ancient Egypt. But if someone comments on the purse, then I tell them about the books!
 An ancient evil wants Lady Tuya for its own dark purposes…Pharaoh has sent help but will Captain Khian arrive in time to save the kidnapped lady he loves?

The scribe had them line up off to the side, awaiting their moment with Pharaoh, who was still speaking with a group of ambassadors. “Your name will be called and then move forward in front of the throne. Salute and stand at attention.”
“We’ll do as you instruct.” Khian clenched his hand on the hilt of his sword. He gazed across the chamber while he waited, taking in the crowd of courtiers attending the audience. For the most part the nobles, officers and functionaries were a blur of painted faces, fine clothes and elaborate jewelry but one woman caught his attention. She sat near the queen, so was obviously high ranking, but her expression was sweet rather than haughty and she stared at him as if trying to give him encouragement. Could she tell he was nervous about committing an inadvertent error of royal protocol? The lady smiled, plying her ostrich feather fan flirtatiously. He made a slight bow to her, before he abruptly remembered where he was.


If I may add one thing, my latest book in the series, Lady of the Nile, was just named as a Finalist in the Romance Writers of America FF&P PRISM contest. I’m beaming!

Find Lady of the Nile at: Amazon
Find Veronica Scott at: Website


So loverly to have you visit today, Veronica, and congratulations on the contest final. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't usually read paranormal but I visited Egypt last year. It's a fascinating ancient culture and I'm looking forward to trying your books.

Veronica Scott said...

Thanks for having me as your guest today, Vicki, such a fun idea for a blog post, talking purses! and if you do give the books a try, Linda, I hope you'll enjoy them. Ancient Egypt has always fascinated me for sure! Ever since I read "Mara, Daughter of the Nile" in elementary school. :)

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Linda! So happy you could visit.

Hi, Veronica! So many of us love handbags and showing them off is great fun! Congratulations on your book.

Angela Adams said...

Ancient Egypt makes a powerful setting for a novel, Veronica. Best wishes with your book!

Pauline said...

What a fun find! You know I love your books!

Melissa Keir said...

What a cute purse. It looks almost handmade. Congrats on your latest book!

Diane Burton said...

Your purse is beautiful. It looks like one I bought in Mexico years ago. Handtooled. It had more of a western/Mexico theme, not Egyptian. No idea whatever happened to it.

Veronica Scott said...

Thanks for the good wishes!