Monday, August 06, 2018

Blog: Handbags, Books...Whatever-Vicki Batman on Which One? #Vintageaccessories #designerhandbag #readromance


Recently, I attended #RWA2018 in Denver. I attended some great workshops and gave away books of Just Desserts...and Other Stories at the Indie Signing. I couldn't believe people (other authors) lined up to get a copy of my work. I danced late, I ate good food, visited with many friends like at a family reunion, and had the best roomie.

Before I left, I asked Facebook people which handbag to carry from these selections:
The vote was neck and neck with Doris and red vinyl. In the end, I chose Doris and she was incredibly popular. People wanted to know which bag I'd carried and I proudly showed her off. Doris is crafted from an album cover. I had found her at a craft fair many moons ago.

After the conference, I went to #2 choice, the red vinyl. Easy to clean, fairly wide, nice red and white pinstriped interior, and plenty of pockets sewn in the lining. I just LOVE red.

As for the owl bag, it is an Enid Collins and was sold at Neiman Marcus. My sissies gifted it to me on my birthday.


Eleven clean and wholesome very short stories set in small town Sommerville,
full of fun and forever possibilities.

Find Just Desserts at all e-retainers and at: Amazon




4 comments:

Angela Adams said...

The Owl Bag would make a great Library book bag!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! It is so adorable and holds a lot. It is linen glued to a very stiff backing; so not much play.

Melissa Keir said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I was checking out your posts to see what was going on and really enjoyed seeing the event through your eyes!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Thank you, Melissa! I was astonished at how many ladies wanted to see Doris!