Thursday, September 06, 2018

CUT!! Costumes in Movies, part 3 #historicalromance #moviecostumes #readromance



From the overlook on the second floor, you get an aerial look of the first floor exhibit. At the far upper left is the costume from Pirates of the Carribean. In the middle next to the pole is Kate Winslet's from Sense and Sensibility. At the bottom left is:

a day dress worn by Renee Zellweger from Miss Potter:

another day dress:

a dressing gown worn by Kate Winslet from Finding Neverland, and below it is a close up of the work on the hem:
Stunning--right?


Nothing historical in these stories, but everything hysterical. Find your fun at many e-trailers, including: Amazon 


6 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

This is an amazing exhibit. I hope it's traveling across the US so more people can see it.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

It is traveling. I'm sure somewhere there is a good list. I'll check.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

here's the tour schedule: https://exhibitsdevelopmentgroup.app.box.com/s/2q5djgvpanl93wx5t2sw5whxrffjjmsd/

Angela Adams said...

Awesome! And, "Finding Neverland" is one of my favorite movies -- thanks for sharing!!!

Pat Amsden said...

What an amazing exhibition. The costumes make such a difference to each movie along with the sets. I love the detail in the dress from 'Finding Neverland.'

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I like Finding Neverland too and pretty much any movie with Kate Winslet. I guess I didn't notice when seeing the movie the detail in the robe.

Hi, Pat! Like I said, I hadn't noticed the detail when seeing the movie. I'm trying to pay more attention, like today I'm watching a movie with Ingrid Bergman and her dresses--wowoww!