Monday, December 03, 2018

Book and Bag with #author Louise Wise: Jouney Back in Time #lifeinEngland #designerhandbags #paranormalromance



I honestly don’t remember where I bought my favourite bag. It’s just been there.

It used to go everywhere with me when I was younger because, frankly, blue cotton canvas goes with everything! Anyway, I had a clear out and decided I was too sophisticated as a mature(ish) lady for such a girly bag, and I put it away, but sophisticated and me didn’t get along and I missed my bag (others didn’t match my style of jeans, trainers and baggy togs), so out it came again.

I haven’t been separated from it since!
Julie Compton’s life should have come to an end in the car crash, but instead, she woke, unharmed, back in 1972 and primed to relive her life all over again.
One problem. She’s in the body of a stranger.
Journey back to the 70s and 80s England where Julie’s forced to jump through the eras, occupying and controlling the bodies of people she knew as a child. She must work out which destiny path was the wrong one, wondering all the while if her body, back in 2016, was dying in her car.
With each momentous change, her memories transform, and she realizes she’s not only changing her future but the futures of those around her.
A paranormal, time-slip adventure set in the real town of Northampton in England.

I looked at the mirror again, then rose and forced my legs to move forward. I knew I’d look different, but the jolt of shock hit me anyway. Instead of seeing my own face, I saw a young woman with a thin, pockmarked face and awful buck teeth. Instead of my no-nonsense blonde bob, my hair was long and brown. A wave of nausea turned my stomach as I stared at my reflection. I should be seeing a forty-nine-year-old woman in her prime, not a twenty-something scraggy-haired woman. I should be immaculately made up with perfect teeth and skin, not… not this.
An unexpected thought popped into my head. Will I look more professional if I put my hair up or should I leave it down? It wasn’t my thought. It belonged to whoever’s body I was occupying.
One thought was spinning around in my mind—and it was mine: I had died in the crash, and this was some sort of afterlife.

Find Wise Awake Asleep at: Amazon

Find Louise Wise at: Website

3 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

Looks like a fun bag! I wish you all the best on your release. The cover is intriquing.

Angela Adams said...

I think your bag goes great as an accessory for a casual, fun Saturday. Best wishes with your new release!!!

Small Army Strong said...

Thanks for thhe post