Thursday, January 24, 2019

Book and Bag: Vicki Batman - Switching to PlanB #needlepointproject #Christmascrafts #readromance


I had good intentions.

Really. I intended to make a handbag for my daughter-in-law. I'd found a box bag kit from the late sixties on eBay and said , "Yes!" with a fist pump. The frame was constructed of wood, had all the parts--hinges, handles, etc. All I had to do was stitch the cute popart insert. So I got to work and did it.

In the meantime, I found another box bag kit with a crewel insert. I didn't particularly care for the butterfly and flower pix; so I got on ETSY and ordered an initial "B" to fit the framework. 


I had a grand plan--stitch pop art for my DIL and the B for me. 

I finished both needlepoint projects right before Christmas. I got out the heavy cardboard backing and glued the pop art pix on it. Then I began to assemble, only...

The picture didn't fit. What was I going to do? I needed to do something fast as Christmas was eight days away. So far, I had one bag that didn't work and  one for me. 

I had to decide. I gave my DIL the "B", making sure I used the correct backing for gluing (I did!). Now, on to assembly.

Handsome put on the hinges and the latch. But I was still a little wary. You see, the bag couldn't be used for every day. It was incredibly fragile. Another decision to make. Handle or no?

I went with no. 

Christmas came and my DIL opened the package with the bag. She exclaimed greatly. Then I explained how it could be a handbag, but was her choice. She opted for a beautiful box and I am
relieved. 



Bake a prize-winning cake for The Great Fruitcake Bake-off is easy?
And then disaster strikes. Plan B.


The Great Fruitcake Bake-off is part of the Whispers of Winter winter anthology: Find yours at: 

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVNX2LZ/
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/whispers-of-winter-nicole-morgan/1129416841?ean=2940161939208/
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/whispers-of-winter-2/
iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/whispers-of-winter/id1441003491?mt=11&fbclid=IwAR0adp-71OzhnmSp40SB-AzIgj8s5B01xgKM5ePnUFgk_dY_dq17AhVY5G8/





No comments: