Thursday, October 03, 2019

Blog: Handbag and Book with Carmen Webster Buxton #favoriteaccessory #handbag #MFRWauthor


Over the years I have found that if I have a large purse, I end up filling it with stuff I don’t need to carry. On the other hand, I can’t get by with one of those tiny bags that are little more than wallets.

This one suits me. It has compartments so I can organize what goes where. It has an interior pocket that just fits my cell phone, and an exterior pocket that just holds my wallet. There’s a built-in clip where I attached a spare house key. The strap is long enough I can wear the purse cross-body, which helps negate the weight of it. The brown color is good—dark enough to go with anything. Also, and this is critical, it’s just big enough to fit my Kindle when I want to bring it with me. Perfect! 
ALIEN BONDS is the story of two very different people from two very different species and cultures, a sort of AVATAR combined with PRIDE & PREJUDICE. Industrial chemist Dina Bellaire travels all the way to the planet Wakanreo to advance her career. She knows Wakanreans mate solely from pheromone compatibility, but she doesn’t expect this circumstance to apply to her. Her carefully planned life goes up in flames the second she meets Kuaron Du, a Wakanrean who makes his living singing ancient songs in a dead language. Both of them know they can’t go back to the way they were before they met. They just have to convince the rest of the universe that what happened to them is real. 

More about Carmen Webster Buxton: A voracious reader since childhood, Carmen spent her youth reading every book published by Ursula LeGuin, Robert Heinlein, and Georgette Heyer. As a result, her own books mix far-future worlds, alien cultures, and courting customs. Carmen was born in Hawaii but had a peripatetic childhood, as her father was in the US Navy. Having raised two wonderful children, she now lives in Maryland with her husband and a beagle named Cosmo. 

Answer these questions:
Red, White or Blue? Red! I look good in red.
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? Spring, because it comes just when winter is getting me down.
Chocolate pudding, cake, pie? I love pie! Pie comes in so many varieties—fruit, chocolate, pecan. I love them all!
Coffee, Tea, Champagne? Coffee, because while I like the others, I can’t live without coffee.
Country music or Michael Buble? Neither. I’m stuck in the 70s, musically. Give me John Denver or Simon & Garfunkel.
Pencil or Pen? Pen! I do the daily crossword in pen. 

Find ALIEN BONDS at: Amazon
Find Carmen Webster Buxton at: Website

No comments: