Thursday, November 14, 2019

Handbag and Book: author Jessica James - A favorite handbag and a romance book


Thanks so much for letting me share my favorite handbag today! This isn’t the most expensive one I own, but it’s my go-to bag for vacations and traveling because it’s so light. I bought it in Ocean City, Md., on the Boardwalk – which is where my first military suspense novel was born, so it has special meaning. I usually only use it in the summer, but I pulled it out in honor of Veteran’s Day this past Monday.


As you can see, it has a big pocket in the front for my phone AND my glasses. (I’m always digging around in my handbag searching for my regular glasses or my prescription sunglasses). Harder to see is another small pocket on the shoulder strap, which I use for business cards.


There is another interior pocket for lipstick, chapstick, etc., and then the big roomy main compartment for the rest of my essential “stuff.”


Part of the reason I was drawn to it is because of the patriotic colors since I write about the military, but I also love it because it’s so easy to take care of. Just throw it in the wash every now and then, and it’s good to go.




History, mystery, and a love story that spans centuries…
Two people trying to escape their pasts find a connection through an old house—and fulfill a destiny through the secrets it shares. Part love story, part ghost story, Lacewood is about trusting in fate, letting go of the past, and believing in things that can’t be seen. Readers will go on a journey that connects the past with the present—and the present with eternity.



More about Jessica James: Jessica James is an award-winning au­thor of historical fiction and military suspense/thrillers ranging from the American Revolutionary War to the modern day war on terror. Her novels are inspired by her love of the land, her belief in everlasting love, and her curiosity about the past. She is a three-time winner of the John Esten Cooke Award for Southern Fiction and a recipient of a Gold Medal from the Military Writers Society of America, among other national literary awards.

 

Red, White or Blue? BlueI love it so much, I even have a blue roof on my house. (And of course, I love all three together, too!) 

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? – Fall. Love warm days with cool nights, clear blue skies, and changing leaves.

Chocolate pudding, cake, pie? – I’m not a big dessert eater, but love peach pie. 

Coffee, Tea, Champagne? – Coffee. Strong. 

Country music or Michael Buble? – Country music.

Pencil or Pen? – Pen.



Find Lacewood at: books2read

Find Jessica James at facebook.

3 comments:

Jessica James said...

Thanks so much for hosting me today! This was a lot of fun!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

You are so welcome!

Clipping Path said...


I am absolutely loving your gorgeous blog!I love this blog.Thanks for sharing.