Thursday, January 07, 2021

Blog: author Vicki Batman - All I Wanted for Christmas Wasn't Two Front Teeth #gifts #books #amreading

 Fortunately, my teeth are fine. 

To carry on with the theme, All I Wanted for Christmas, was books! 

Every year, I have to cut off Handsome from buying things in September/October. Yep, we've had incidences where he got two of something because he sees it and buys it without thinking. Hence, the cut-off. So, he'll send me emails or write sticky notes with names of books he wants for Christmas. Yeah, for me. Easy shopping.

As for me...

This year, I asked for Santa to bring me a new coat (mine was nearly thirty years old!) and gave me a picture of one I'd found and the buy link. And I gave him a book he could purchase, too. He found a biography.

I got a biography on Cary Grant-he knows I like most of his movies. And a thriller, Three Hours in Paris. The biography was very well written down to many small details. Took me longer to read because the book was large. The other book? I inhaled in two days. This book had me turning pages as fast as the Davinci Code. And afterward? I can't stop thinking about it and have recommended it to many friends and family. 

Kind of a downer I don't have more Christmas books to read. Hehehe. Not a problem. I have a book case stuffed with more books.


Did Santa or a loved one give you the greatest gift--a new book?




Find your happy ever after (it's worth it!) at: Amazon

7 comments:

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

No new books for me but I have a Kindle full LOL!
Happy New Year Vicki!
Good luck and God's blessings
PamT

Barbara Monajem said...

I'll have to look up Three Hours in Paris. :)

Patricia Kiyono said...

I got two books from my kids, and I've already read one (Answers in the Form of Questions - all about the Jeopardy show) and can't wait to dig into the other! They're the best gifts.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Pam! So happy to hear your kindle is full. I have a lot stashed away on mine, but I need to travel so I'll read them. At home, I tend to pull off my tbr bookcase. Hugs!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Barbara! I love Three Hours. Some books are so good, they imprint on the brain! Hugs

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Patricia! I have a super friend who loves Jeopardy. I shall look up your book and maybe gift him. :) Books are a very good gift. Thanks for stopping by. vb

Jean Maurie said...

My kindle is filled with books too.