Thursday, July 29, 2021

Handbag and Book: Vicki Batman-Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

 The Handbag:


I'm away from home when I write this. Last week, I scrolled through FB and a handbag popped up, one I hadn't seen before. I went to the site and was intrigued. I could order the size, pattern, and color. So, well, you know me, I did.

I bought this bag from Letra. Here's from their website: Over 10 years ago my father was taking a vacation in Oaxaca, Mexico when he found these colorful bags at the market place. 

He fell in love with them right away and started to purchase them and import them to Japan where he owned and operated a few boutique stores. Time has flown by now and now with over 30,000 bags sold annually all over Japan, he asked me to help him share his love of these Mercado bags to everyone in the United States.

Every single one of our authentic handbags are each handmade with love and care by native artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico with 100% recyclable vinyl, which are all woven very tightly which makes our handbags very durable and will retain their form and functionality for generations!

I asked my future daughter-in-law to open the box and take a look. She said No external or internal pocket. Purple-y red. Woven pattern but looks like it’s made of some sort of man made, plastic-based material. Probably stain proof . Mine is 12.2 × 4.3 × 11.4 in.

I can't wait to hold my new find in my hands and have some fun this summer!

The Book:



        Great job. What man? And murder. Newly employed at Wedding Wonderland, Hattie Cooks is learning the industry from a woman she greatly admires. When her former brother-in-law is found dead in his luxury SUV, all fingers point to Hattie’s sister, who is planning her own I Dos.

Detective Allan Wellborn is caught between a rock and a hard place—Hattie’s family and investigating the murder of a well-connected Sommerville resident, the same loser who was once married to Hattie’s sister. Determining who’s the bad guy—or gal—isn’t going to be easy and sure to piss off someone.

Can Hattie beat the clock to find out who murdered Tracey’s ex before she is charged with the crime and her wedding is ruined?



Find the Book: Book

Find the Author: Facebook

9 comments:

alamodebags said...

Amazing ! I want to thank you for enabling me a great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.Narration is well ordered and the quality of writing is of high standards.Keep the good work up.
Kate Spade Tote

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Happy you stopped by. And happy youre a Kate Spade fan. Have a good day. Vb

DarleneLF said...

Love the new tote! The design is beautiful.

Marsha said...

Hey, Vicki. I'm amazed you could buy a purse without seeing and feeling it in person. I do like the recycled aspect of the purse and it's probably waterproof. I've shared. :)

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

I do too! I cant wait to carry it. Hugs!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Ive done this plenty of times on ebay and etsy. I think only one dusappointed me. I know the size matters. Color. And uniqueness. Hugs!

aarjav.asinfo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daniel Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Soniya Sharma said...

I finished my Printed Sling Bags this weekend. It's my vacation beach bag and I love it. I'm getting ready to make another. Thanks so much for sharing!