Thursday, October 28, 2021

Handbag and Book welcomes mystery author Heather Weidner

Your Handbag:

I have a thing for bright colors and patterns. I always like interesting handbags with lots of room because I always carry way too much stuff with me. I carry two cell phones (one for work), a notebook for story ideas and cool names that I hear, a ton of pens, wallet, business cards, and then all the hair and makeup doodads that I might need.  

I’m also a C.K. (cop’s kid), and safety and preparedness have been instilled from a young age. There’s a little device somewhere in the bottom of my purse that will break a window and cut your seatbelt strap if you go off a bridge and crash into the water. It also has to be big enough to hold anti-bacterial spray, bandages, an econo-sized pepper spray, and a small can of hair spray. I’m careful not to mix these two up. And there may still be a couple of zip-ties and a box cutter in the bottom (because we moved the summer before last). 

I saw this handbag online, and I loved the giraffe print. I needed a fun, summer bag, so I ordered it. I like it because it’s roomy, and it has red trim. I just wish that it had compartments. Everything seems to fall to the bottom, and I have to rummage and feel around if I want something. 


Your Book:



There is nothing like finding a dead body, clad only in a red satin thong, on your property to jolt you from a quiet routine. Jules Keene, owner of the posh Fern Valley Camping Resort in the Blue Ridge Mountains, is thrust into the world of the Dark Web when one of her guests, Ira Perkins, is found murdered in the woods near her vintage trailers. Jules quickly discovers that the man who claimed to be on a writing retreat was not what he seemed, and someone will go to any length to find what he left at her resort. Jules, along with her Jack Russell Terrier sidekick Bijou, has to put the rest of the missing pieces of a blackmailing scheme together before her business is ruined.  


More about Heather Weidner:    

Through the years, Heather Weidner has been a cop’s kid, technical writer, editor, college 


 professor, software tester, and IT manager. Vintage Trailers and Blackmailers is the first in her cozy mystery series, the Jules Keene Glamping Mysteries. She also writes the Delanie Fitzgerald mystery series set in Virginia. Originally from Virginia Beach, Heather has been a mystery fan since Scooby-Doo and Nancy Drew. She lives in Central Virginia with her husband and a pair of Jack Russell terriers.  


Answer these questions: 

Red, White or Blue? Red is my favorite color. (But I’ve always been very patriotic with the red hair, pale skin, and blue eyes.)  

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter? Summer. I grew up in Virginia Beach, so I’ll always be a beach girl at heart. (Even though we live on a lake now.)  

Cake or Pie? Tough one. Chocolate or Lemon Chess Pie 

Coffee, Tea, or Champagne? I drink mainly iced tea, but I have grown fond of iced coffees. And of course, champagne is always good for celebrating! 

Country music or Michael Buble? I like all kinds of music. Today, I listened to classical music, 80s metal,  and pop hits from the 70s. 

Pencil or Pen? Pen. I love cool pens for editing and revising. I sign books with pink, purple, or red ink. 

 

Find Vintage Trailers and Blackmailers at: Amazon 

Find Heather Weidner at: Website


4 comments:

Heather Weidner said...

Thanks so much for celebrating my book launch with me and letting me stop by your blog!

Jayne Ormerod said...

I learn something new about you every day! Love the purse! Great post.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

So wonderful to have you show off your book and bag today, Heather!

Ionic Software Services said...

Enjoyed reading the article above, really explains everything in detail, the article is very interesting and effective. Thank you and good luck with the upcoming articles. Plaque Building in Teeth