Thursday, February 02, 2023

Handbag and Book: Vicki Batman on Awful Winter Weather & February Fun

 I am sooo not a cold-weather person. I think some people are and some people aren't. And this probably depends on where one is raised. I grew up in the heat. It is nothing for temps to go to 100 in the summertime. We only had window air conditioners (boy, does that date me). My grandmother didn't have an a/c until she was 96. 

January and February are our winter months. The last few days have been so very cold--down in the high twenties. We've had sleet/snow/ice/freezing rain. Everything was quiet and pretty. And cold. Lots of businesses shut down and with good reason--the streets were awful, totally undrivable. 

I guess I sound like a whiner. 

I promise I'm not a whiner. I know nothing lasts forever. We'll get past the awfulness with hints of spring until March. In fact, during one hint, my flowering quince bloomed. 

So what's it like in your neighborhood?



Winter weather have you housebound? Try these two contests:





Love and Romance Book Festival | nnlightsbookheaven

1 comment:

catalyicsecritye said...

Thanks for share this information for all you are the informative article.
SOC Maturity Assessment