Handbags, Books...Whatever (http://www.vickibatman.blogspot.com) is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer. Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.
- 12/25 - Merry Christmas!
- 12/21 - Handbag & Book, Reggi Alder
- 12/18 - Handbag & Book, Vicki Batman
- 12/14 - Handbag & Book, Kathryn Randle
- 12/11 - Handbag & Book, Kathleen Krevat
- 12/07 - Handbag & Book, Melissa Keir
- 12/04 - Handbag & Book, Connie Bretes
- 11/30 - Handbag & Book, open
- 11/27 - Handbag & Book, VB
- 11/23 - Happy Thanksgiving!
Friday, February 28, 2014
Vicki Batman ~ I know it is spring when...
I'm a lucky writer in that I have a desk positioned next to a floor-to-ceiling window that overlooks my front yard. When my family moved to this house, we had old landscaping. Over time, I dealt with enlarging the flower beds, adding new shrubs for the worn-out ones. Planting daylilies and pentas.
But I didn't touch the flowering quince.
I'd never had one before and hadn't really noticed them when they flowered. In the winter, it's nothing but dried sticks. However, every February, a hint of tight pink buds form. If the day has a bit of warmth, they open a tad. If it grows even warmer, the bees swarm. The birds hip hop and chirp.
Here's what happened:
Shortly, the flowers will drop, the leaves will form, and the quince will no longer hold it's pretty pink glory. But next year....
What are your favorite signs of spring?