Wednesday, August 13, 2014

.@VickiBatman - Taking something old and making something new #Fixing a treasure #MFRWorg #PlottingPrincesses


Taking something old and 
making something new

I knew I could reuse the lace off the pillowcases, but had never done this. 

I found the pillowcases at a flea market and loved, loved, loved the little chicks in the crocheted lace. The pillow cases were fashioned out of good ol' muslin, the kind when washed lots, gets softer and softer. Since the set was already old when purchased, I knew the day would come when something would happen, like the lace come apart or the pillowcase would rip. So one day, holes appeared in the upper right hand corner.





Frownie face. :( 

I decided to give this idea a try: remove the lace and stitch onto a new pair of cases. The dilemma is finding the right kind of pillow cases. Muslin ones aren't manufactured any more. So I found a set at a local store. I removed the lace which was easy as it was sewn on at the hem. Just mere snipping of stitches. Since I was going to all this trouble, I decided to move the lace to the section where the hem is sewn down. I pinned into place, whipped the lace on, and voila! All done. Took me about an hour.






















Here's the finished ones:


Happy face. :)

Have you ever repurposed an item into something new?

Vicki Batman is eagerly anticipating the release of the funny mystery, Temporarily Employed, on October 17. Stay tuned for more details. 

No comments: