Friday, January 09, 2015

@VickiBatman - #Movie Mom & The Theory of Everything

Time to catch up on movies!

* Movie Mom *

The first film to kick off the holiday season was The Theory of Everything,  a 2014 biographical drama which deals with Jane Hawking's relationship with her ex-husband, theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking, his diagnosis of motor neuron disease, and his success in physics.The film stars Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones.

My thoughts: excellent. Well acted. Moved quickly. Never boring. Great snapshot into the 60's, 70's, etc. I know very little about Mr. Hawking and was greatly impressed by the love story which moved to his disease, family, and his success in physics. I expect there will be some Oscar buzz with this one.

FMI: Wikipedia

3 comments:

Angela Adams said...

Your instincts are correct, Friend! I've heard good things and "Oscar buzz" already!

Sylvia said...

I've been wanting to see this movie since it came out. May have to sneak off one afternoon and go alone. It just sounds wonderful and I've always been curious about this man.

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! I heard Oscar buzz too. I was never bored and like you, Sylvia, wanted to know more about the man.

Thanks for stopping, ladies.