Handbags, Books...Whatever

Handbags, Books...Whatever is the website of Vicki Batman, sassy writer of sexy and funny fiction. Handbag lover. Avid Jazzerciser. Mah jong player. Yoga practioner. Movie fan. Book devourer.Choc-aholic. Best Mom ever. And adores Handsome.


I'll be signing at this huge event!

Want to find out more?

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

HBW Calendar

  • 08/10 - New Release, Tina Donahue
  • 08/07 - Handbag & Book, Summer of Seduction authors
  • 08/03 - Travel & Book, Nancy Raven Smith
  • 07/31 - Sisterhood FB Party!
  • A Book Signing, Vicki
  • 07/24 - Handbag & Book, Linda Tillis
  • 07/20 - Recipe & Book, Vinnie Hansen
  • 07/17 - Handbag & Book, Beverley Oakley
  • 07/13 - Recipe & Book, Norma Huss
  • 07/10 - Handbag & Book, Loretta Wheeler
  • 07/06 - Travel & Book, Sharon Buchbinder
  • 07/03 - Happy Fourth of July!

Monday, April 20, 2015

Yipee! It’s Christmas in April! #handbag #accessories #shoes #fashion #romanticcomedy #mystery #MFRWorg

Handbag Monday
When I picked up my latest finished needlepoint project, I felt like Christmas in April had arrived.

I have a unique love for all things crafted and have bought many a finished needlepoint handbag on eBay and ETSY. Then I got an urge. I had to make one of my own. I did a random search on eBay for handbag canvases and this popped up:


I could do that. Just fill in the background. And I love red. I loved red poinsettias. And I’d never made a Christmas bag before—SOLD!

Here’s what happened in stages:






I took my finished canvas to my local shop to be made into a bag. I knew what size tote and handle length I wanted. The shop ladies are terrific in helping, too.

And now for the finished product:



So what do you think? Like the size? The color? Would you have picked a different background color? Would you make a handbag just for Christmas? 

Would you be surprised to learn my heroine carries handbags and loves them like I do? LOL. In case you'd like to make sure, find my romantic comedy caper, Temporarily Employed, at: Amazon

8 comments:

Florence Cronin said...

Merry Christmas, Vicki ... you did a fabulous job. Loved the design you started with. Red against black is dynamic ... and your local shop did a great job of making the bag.

Ho, ho, ho ... enjoy !!! :)

vicki batman said...

Hi, Florence! Thank you so much. I love the black and red too. The bag is everything I wanted. So how many more months til Thanksgiving? lol

MOORKOV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia said...

So pretty! And this bag looks like you -- beautiful and unique. Love it.

Angela Adams said...

Lovely! I wish I had your talent.

vicki batman said...

Thank you sylvia!

vicki batman said...

Hi angela! I could teach you what i know!

shamsher khan said...

Very nice article you have written ....thanks for sharing.
Get Updates about Online Shopping discount offers, Coupons and save money while shopping online.yepme coupon

Blog Archive

Follow by Email