Friday, October 09, 2015

Movie Mom - Snatch #GuyRitchiefilm #RssosSisters #MFRWorg #goodmovie



Movie Mom watched...
Snatch
When this movie was released, I grabbed sons and Handsome to go see it. We all really liked Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels; so no brainer. The other night when cruising for something to watch while I embroidered, I paused on this title and said, "yeah."

The movie: a 2000 crime comedy directed by Guy Ritchie (Man from U.N.C.L.E.), starring Dennis Farina, Jason Statham, Vinnie Jones, and Benecio del Toro. There are way too many plots to describe here--diamond, dogs, pigs, gypsies, promoters, Russians, etc.

My thoughts:  Handsome settled by me on the couch and soon, we were rolling with laughter. The whole cast is a serious mess of bumbling idiots, but the film's uniqueness is extraordinary. Even though it is a comedy, there are plenty of gory things going on, too. Lots of shootings. The acting is superb and we are still wondering what the heck Brad Pitt's character said. You have to pay attention as there is a lot going on and great filming.

FMI: Wikipedia


This isn't your ordinary film. Are there movies that standout in some unique way you'd like to share? 

4 comments:

Angela Adams said...

Thanks for the post. Anything with Brad Pitt grabs my attention.

Unknown said...

Vicki ... I continue to love your Movie Mom stuff because you come up with some truly unique flicks to see. I cut the cord on cable and of late I am cruising Netflix for those rare independent films that no one pays much attention to. Enchanted April, Philomena, Dear Frankie, The Road Within, Mostly Martha or How About You. I love the Brits most of all for those little film gifts and get into the sub titles in stuff like Martha or the series Rita. Did you see Kinky Boots? Are you a fan of PBS and their outstanding mystery series? Who doesn't like Brad Pit and how about Seven Years in Tibet?

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Florence! I LOVE Kinky Boots. If I am channel surfing and run across it, I tune it because I love it so much. I liked the show, but love the movie more. I do watch PBS a lot and many of their mysteries. Enchanted April- wow. Philomena, Dear Frankie--you picked good ones, my friend.

Haha, Angela!

thomasmappbe said...

The author reminds me of my mother, and when I used to watch movies with her, I used the terrarium tv app of the online video app provider terrariumtvultimate.com.
Free The place to offer terrarium tv apps to everyone
terrarium tv apk for android
terrarium tv apk download
terrarium tv mod apk
terrarium tv app for android