Monday, December 21, 2015

From Trash to Treasure - Is that handbag an album cover??? #MFRWauthor #RssosSisters #Christmasaccessories #fashion

It’s an album cover—no! it’s a handbag!!
*Handbag Monday*

One of my favorite things to do is to go to craft fairs where small business thrives. One year, I happened upon a woman selling handbags crafted from album covers. I was awestruck. And instantly purchased one featuring Doris Day. We chatted and she told me about all the different ones she'd made. She even crafted one with a Christmas cover.

I went home totally happy. And then began to think—I wanted a Christmas bag, too.

When the same fair rolled around, I couldn’t wait to go so I could see what she'd brought. I nearly raced through the school hallways where the event was held to get to her, almost leaving behind my friends who were with me. When I found her booth, I saw lots of bags and especially Christmas ones. I clapped with joy!

The one which really spoke to me is this Frosty the Snowman. The graphic is priceless and it is beautifully colored. The flip side features Bing Crosby. The sides are fabric, the album has grommets for the ball chain handle. It's pretty roomy and I tend to "lose" things in it. LOL

I took my treasure home. And I swear, every single year when I carry this bag, almost everyone comments on it.



Intrigued? Want to know more about handbags and books? Her romantic comedy short story, “Holiday Handbag Extravaganza,” is featured in the Season of Surprises anthology. Find it at: Amazon

9 comments:

Cathy McElhaney said...

That is so cute! I love it! What a cool idea, too...making purses out of album covers!
Have a Merry Christmas!!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Cathy! I get compliments everywhere I go. And love the graphic. Happy Holidays to you.

Sylvia said...

I love this handbag. It's one of my favorites of yours. Stylish, yet so crafty and an album cover. Who would have thought of that. Love it.

Joanne Guidoccio said...

Hi Vicki, What a lovely bag! I enjoy reading about crafty people and treasures. So inspiring! Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2016. :)

Melissa Keir said...

What a cute bag! Congrats on finding it. Anything with Bing Crosby is fun!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Sylvia! It is stylish--isn't it? A guy in line at the store asked me about it. Wow!

Hi, Joanne! I like reading about crafts. I like making crafts too. Happy Christmas to you and some hugs on the side.

Hi, Melissa! I can't wait for Christmas Eve for the annual watching of White Christmas and hearing Bing sing his songs. Happy Christmas to you!

Angela Adams said...

Adorable! I anxiously await Spring in Philly because we have an abundance of Flea Markets and Craft Fairs. Happy Holidays!

darkwriter said...

Loved the story and the bag.
Happy Holidays!

Vicki Batman, sassy writer said...

Hi, Angela! I love craft markets. Soaps, lip balms, bath products, food, food, food, and fun things like this handbag. And to you!

Hi, Beverley! Everyone who sees it asks where they can buy one. Sometimes, I give out the name of the maker. Hugs, my friend.